Thursday, November 12, 2009

Easton funnies

Easton is really enjoying his building blocks so much these days. They seem to be taking over my living room. Anytime I clean them up he comes right behind me and dumps them out again. His latest is to build airplanes. He came up with this design all by himself (pretty good huh?). He loves it when Daddy builds with him and his favorite is the animals that daddy makes for him. If I build something for him he usually takes it apart the second I hand it to him. I guess I'm not as good as Daddy. Easton is funny though. After he makes something he throws his hands up in the air and shouts, "TA DA!"



Easton sticks his tongue out when he concentrates really hard on something just like his daddy.


Video of Easton building blocks. Notice the "Ta Da!" and the tongue sticking out. Also, you can hear Blair in the background just talking away.







Easton does help clean up every once in a while. In fact just recently he will sing the clean up song while he cleans up his blocks. "Clean up, clean up. Everybody clean up." That's as far as he gets but he will sing it over and over until all the blocks are cleaned up. It is so cute.


For some reason I forgot to post this a while ago but one of Easton's now past time favorite things to do was play horsey ride. Most kids get the most joy getting rides from adults, but not Easton. You have seen him give his bear a horsey ride but his new favorite was to give daddy a horsey ride. He would get on his hands and knees, tap his back, and say, "get on daddy." Then he would crawl around the house with daddy on his back. And if daddy's really lucky he'd get a buckaroo. It was definitely a sight to see.



Easton calls everything dinner these days. "I want dinner". I'm not sure if he thinks that every meal is called dinner and he wants something to eat or if he wants a treat and knows that most nights he gets candy or a cookie after dinner. My guess is he wants a treat. Silly boy!

One of his newest sentences that he says when he doesn't get his own way is, "That's not funny, Mommy!" I honestly don't think I laugh at his misfortunes but maybe I do. I will admit that I do laugh after he says that sentence though. I mean who says that?



So Easton is stubborn and as I have said before when he has his mind set on something it is really hard to change his mind. In one of his books it clearly has a field full of sheep in the background but to Easton they are cows. He'll point to them and declare, "cow!" "No, Easton they are sheep." "No, cow!" There is no way of changing his mind. He has done this with other things as well.



Easton is getting into reading his stories to others now. He'll have you read it to him first and then he will read it back to you.





It's kind of hard to hear him but he says, "I helping Dad. I helping Mom. I helping Baby. I helping Grandma. I helping Grandpa. I helping friends."


The real story says, "I like to help my mommy, when she tidies up our home. And I like to help my daddy, if the garden's being mown." It goes on saying different things for different people. I think it is funny because it says sister but to Easton his sister is baby so he says baby. And it has a brother but he just skips over it (I guess its because it doesn't relate to him). Funny kid.



Nathan and I were able to go and hear Elder Nelson speak to the medical students and their spouses at the temple visitors center. My friend Diana was nice enough to watch Easton so that we could go. When we went to pick him up she told me that she was giving her girls a bath before bed time and that Easton was very persistent in getting into the bath too. So he took a bath with two little ladies. Can we say ladies man? Oh, and did I mention that this was his third bath/shower that day? He insisted on getting into the shower with me earlier that morning and right before we left he drew all over his legs with markers so I threw him in the bath quickly before we left. If I would have known that he was going to get a bath over at the Caffee's then I might not have bothered. Boy does this kid love baths.

2 comments:

Hot Gma said...

I miss my EE. I am lonesome for my four kids and my grandkids. It seems like forever since I've seen anyone. (really sad face, and lots of tears)

smtanners said...

He is quite the ladies man! Give Easton a hug from me (and Savvy :) )