Monday, November 30, 2009

Easton at 2 1/2

Easton turned 2 ½ today. It is so crazy how fast time goes. I feel like Easton has grown up so much in the last ½ year. I was looking at pictures in Blair’s baby book the other day of Easton holding her when she was first born and he looks so little. A lot has happened since then and I really feel like I have a “big boy” now.

He is talking like a champ. We still have some difficulties with some words but for the most part we can communicate pretty well.
He is playing really nice with his friends these days and is even sharing his toys!
He's not being as stubborn as he has been (thank goodness!) and I feel like he is trying really hard to listen and obey.
He is praying a lot better now (he even reminds me every once in a while when I forget) and he is really starting to love to read the scriptures.
His potty training is really starting to take off. I think he is finally giving in and is pretty excited about it now. I would say more times than not he is the one to tell us that he has to go. I think he has only had one accident in the last week.
He went to the dentist today and got his first cleaning done. He did so good. He just sat there opened his mouth real wide and did exactly what the hygienist asked him to do. He was such a big boy!

I finally feel like I have my Easton back. We had a couple of hard months (basically the last 1/2 year) but I feel like my sweet little guy is back. He has his moments don't get me wrong but for the most part he is back. Just the other day he came up to me sat in my lap, gave me a big hug, kissed both sides of my checks, and said, “love you, Mommy.” I won’t lie. It brought tears to my eyes. I love this little guy and him expressing his love to me definitely made the last ½ year worth it. I think being a mom is the best thing in the world.



Other new and fun things about Easton

Nathan has taught him the game “I got your nose”. He loves it but isn’t very gentle. We are working on that. When he first learned it he would basically stick his finger up Nathan’s nose (like a hook) and yank his nose off. He is doing better these days but lets be honest it still hurts. He also likes to eat your nose once he rips it off.

He likes to sword fight. I think he got really excited about this after he watched Star Wars with Nathan. For some strange reason he has to stab you on your left arm. He will run you and him around and around in circles until you give up and let me stab you in the left arm. Nathan and I generally will fall down once he stabs us but Easton will just randomly fall down like he got stabbed even though we haven’t even touched him. He has to get kissed in order to come back alive.

He likes to feed his stuffed animals real food and drinks. He has ruined a couple of them because of this. He also likes to have his animals pretend to go potty on his made up potty chair. “Good job, Ape! You went potty!”

He is all about taking turns. “It’s mommy’s turn.” “It’s daddy’s turn.”

Along with “why” are now “huh” and “what”. He uses these when he doesn’t want to do what we ask him to do. He hears us loud and clear but likes to pretend like he doesn't. We usually come back with, “you heard me.” and then he will go and do what we asked him to do.

Luckily for us his whys aren’t dragged on and too annoying. He will usually say why about three times and after the third explanation he will just yell, “NO!” I don’t know why but at least the whys stop there (for a while anyways).
Me: “Look EE you have a football on your PJs. Remember we watched daddy play football .”
EE: “Why?”
Me: “Because he likes to play football.”
EE: “Why mommy?”
Me: “Because he plays football every Thanksgiving.”
EE: “Why?”
Me: “Because it is a tradition.”
EE: “NO!” shakes his head and walks away.


We love you EE. Thanks for bringing such joy in our family. We are definitely lucky to have you.

2 comments:

Hot Gma said...

Thanks for the update. I can't wait until EE hugs me and tells me he loves me too. I'll get my klenex ready.

SMT Family said...

What a great little boy. I'm glad you had a tear cause I just about had a tear just reading it. What a sweet little man. You are such a fantastic mommy and he will grow up knowing that. Love you all!

p.s. Savvy didn't have pig-tails in the pic, but now I am tempted to try. We'll see how it goes!