Thursday, November 12, 2009

The joys of potty training...

If you don't like to hear stories about potty training then this post is not for you. Just don't say I didn't warn you.


We definitely have our ups and downs when it comes to potty training. There have been a few very successful and amazing days where there were no accidents and Easton actually told us a couple of times that he had to go (#2 included). If only every day could be like this (someday right?) Then there are other days where he has accident after accident after accident. I know this is supposed to happen and I know this is how they learn, but I often times feel he knows and he is just being plain stubborn.


I mean the other day he was in the bath tub (I was out in the hallway changing Blair) and he poops in the tub. I know he knows this isn't okay and what bothers me is #1 he didn't tell me (I was right there) and #2 he knows how to get in and out of the tub and the toilet is almost touching the bath tub it is that close. WHY WHY WHY? And then today he's supposed to be taking a nap. He knocks on the door (this is never a good thing) and I open it to a room smelling of poop, a toddler without underwear on, and him holding his poopy underwear. I guess the one good thing that came from all this was all the poop was still in his underwear (it definitely could have been worse-right Aleese?).



I really want to know where Easton thinks that he has to conserve toilet paper. I definitely don't believe in wasting toilet paper but if I had to lean towards using too much over too little I will stick with using too much. For some strange reason Easton must be out for the world record of using the least amount of toilet paper as you can. He'll take the very corner off of one square of toilet paper (imagine pinching off a piece of toilet paper) and try to wipe himself. Okay did he not just realize that he got more on his hands then on the teeny tiny piece of toilet paper? We have tried to teach him but I think once he has his mind set on how he thinks things are supposed to be it is really hard to change his mind (have I mentioned stubborn before?) He does this to wipe his nose too.


I really do love Easton. He is a lot of fun and a really funny kid to be around. My life is definitely never boring with this little guy around.

No comments: