Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Stitches?

Nathan and Easton are off to the ER right now to see if Easton needs stitches. He was on the arm of the couch and fell off hitting the back of his head on the TV stand. Why don't kids listen to you when you tell them not to sit on the couch that way? I mean mom's always knows best. Of course there was blood and it looks kind of deep. Hopefully I will get an update here shortly.

If you remember last November Easton got stitches as well. I guess Easton and the month of November don't get along. I'm just hoping this won't be an on going tradition for this little Frankenstein of mine.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It it now 12:30 am and Nathan just texted me saying that they cleaned Easton up and he will for sure need stitches. I can't believe how long they have been waiting in the ER. They left our house at 5:30 pm. Poor Easton. I bet he is so tired and it is only the beginning. I feel really bad for Nathan too because he has to get up at 4 am to be at the hospital by 6 am. Maybe he can call in and take the day off for a family emergency.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nathan and Easton got home at 3:40 am (10 hours later). I seriously can't believe that it took them so long to see and treat Easton in the ER. Easton ended up with 6 stitches. When they got home Easton let me put pj bottoms on him but he then walked straight to his bed and fell asleep. It was definitely a long night for them. Nathan called in asking if he could take the day off and the lady said, "Do what you think you need to do?" Okay cranky lady who obviously doesn't have any children what is that supposed to mean? Do you need him or not? (Yes, I admit I am cranky myself). In any case Nathan is in bed asleep. I'm glad because I was a little worried about him driving to and from the hospital on only 2 hours of sleep (he luckily got a nap yesterday afternoon).

1 comment:

SMT Family said...

Oh my. I didn't get to read the rest of the stitches post until just now cause it didn't show as a re-post on google reader. I can't believe that took so ridiculously long. You had every right to be cranky. No wonder Easton got sick. I sure hope everyone is starting to feel better. Love you all!