Wednesday, May 11, 2011

35 Weeks

I can't believe that I'm already at 35 weeks! I feel like this pregnancy is going by really fast. Not sure if this is a good thing or not. Today at the grocery store I had (no joke) five people say, "You're going to have your hands full really soon!" And Easton and Blair were actually behaving themselves today. Imagine what they would have said if they weren't behaving. Comments like that make me really nervous and question myself if I'm actually ready.

Yesterday I got to have another ultrasound done. I guess the family practice residents needed some practice with ultrasounds so they asked if I would come in and help out. Baby boy is still a boy and was not shy about showing everyone either. I was hoping for some good pictures since I really didn't get very good ones at the 20 week ultrasound but no such luck. They only gave me one and it is really blurry. Apparently its a picture of him sucking his thumb. I can see the fingers but I can't tell whats going on with the rest of the picture. We might have a thumb sucker because we caught him twice with his thumb in his mouth. He's very active (which I think was a little frustrating to some of the residents). He kicked the probe twice. He definitely doesn't like things poking him or invading his space. He often kicks Blair when I'm holding her. They estimated that he was 5 lbs 6 oz. His head is down which is good but I'm measuring 5 days behind. I guess this isn't or shouldn't be a surprise since I was late with both Easton and Blair.

I had a doctor's appointment today and he measured me to be almost 34 weeks along (that would make me about 10 days behind). When my doctor first walked in he mentioned that I wasn't as big as he was expecting (he hasn't seen me for 8 weeks -my last Dr. appointment was with someone else). I was kind of glad when he said that at first because half way through my pregnancy he seemed worried with the amount of weight I was gaining. But after I found out that I was measuring that far behind, now I'm a little worried. Nathan told me when measuring the uterus it can be off by about 2 weeks and that he's not concerned. That makes me feel a little better but I'm still a little nervous.



Here's a picture of me and the kids. While I was taking pictures of myself they decided they wanted in on the action too.

Random: Recently I've had quite a few people ask me if Easton and Blair are twins or a year apart. I'm trying to figure out if Easton looks small for his age and/or if Blair looks big for her age. They are probably pretty close in their weight though since Blair never stops eating.

No comments: