Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Baby Shower

My friend Valerie (aka Easton's preschool teacher) threw me a baby shower last Saturday. It was absolutely amazing. She definitely went all out. I was really nervous about having another baby shower because let's be honest I definitely didn't need one especially since I already had two before (one boy one girl). Isn't that already more than enough? I was really worried what others would think of me and I actually told Valerie that I didn't want one for that very reason. She basically told me that every baby needs to be celebrated and that she was going to throw me one anyways! I wasn't going to argue with her but I was still not sure about the whole thing.


Every time I saw Valerie (which was often since she's my neighbor, Easton's preschool teacher, and I work in Young Women's with her) she would ask me if I had registered yet and where. Finally I broke down and registered a few things that I needed at Target (online) but Valerie apparently wasn't satisfied. She had me go to Target with her (my two kids and two kids from preschool in tow) to target to register for more things. She specifically asked for two guns so that she could make sure there was enough on the list for people to choose from. She said to me that I didn't need to just register for things that I needed but also for things that I wanted and then she began scanning basically everything boy related. Again this made me really nervous what others would think of me so when I got home I actually went through and deleted some of the stuff I definitely didn't need. I couldn't get rid of a lot of things though because I was worried Valerie would notice I deleted stuff.

Anyways, the big day came and to my surprise a lot of people showed up and even a couple of people that couldn't make it actually sent gifts. I was definitely spoiled! Valerie did a great job hosting (lots of good food and lots of fun games). Quite a few people even commented that this was the best or one of the best baby showers they have ever been too. I would have to agree. It was amazing! I actually forgot my camera but I know Valerie and Laurie (Easton's other preschool teacher) was taking pictures so hopefully they won't mind sharing them with me. I did however take some pictures of the gifts I got once I got home.

Lots of diapers, wipes, clothes, blankets, burp cloths, pacifiers, bibs, towel, toys, boppy raiser, diaper genie, etc.

Isn't this the cutest diaper cake ever? I had to get a picture of all the sides so my mom could see everything.
Diapers, wipes, receiving blankets, blanket, towels, wash cloths, bibs, book, toys (rattles, finger puppets, stuffed animal), outfit, socks, hat, and pjs. I'm probably forgetting something.

1 comment:

SMT Family said...

What a great friend! Love the diaper cake and all of the sweet gifts. I agree with Valerie, every baby deserves to be celebrated. Especially yours :)