Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Happy 4th Birthday Easton!

Wow! I can't believe my little boy is now 4! Happy Birthday EE! We love you!
I was going to make Easton a cake with dinosaurs and a volcano for his birthday since we all know he LOVES dinosaurs but then I remembered he got that last year for his cake so I decided instead to ask Easton what he wanted for his birthday cake. He told me he wanted shlocolate (yes he still says that for chocolate and I'm in no hurry to correct him) cupcakes with blue and white frosting. Easy enough but I thought that seemed a little boring. After he told me what he wanted I remembered I saw a cute cookie monster cupcake the other day and figured it would fit into his requests nicely. Plus I've recently been calling him cookie monster because he is just that. He wants to make cookies all the time and if he had it his way he would eat cookies everyday all day long. It was perfect!


Up close look at the cupcakes.
Random but note to self: Next time you pipe a cake don't use store bought frosting. It is too runny and it's really hard to work with. It turned out okay but it definitely would have looked better if it was homemade frosting.


Video of us singing Happy Birthday to Easton:


Blair helping Easton with the candles.

I was running out of frosting to continue piping the stars for the fur so I decided to do the rest of the cookie monsters with coconut.

Easton finally being able to open his presents. Both Grandma and I told him he had to wait until Daddy got home to open presents. Right after Easton said hi to Nathan he went straight to his pile of presents and tried opening one. We decided to do cake and ice cream right then so he could open his presents after.

He got a tag reader pen with a couple of tag books and tag animal cards which he absolutely loves! He hasn't put the pen down yet.


He got a fishing game and money from Gma Whiting.

Video of Easton opening Gma Whiting's present:

Easton also got clothes from Grandma Gretch and a savings bond from Gpa Whiting and Gma Sharon. Thank you for all the presents and phone calls.

Don't forget to check out the other 2 posts I posted earlier today. Grandma Gretch's visit and Easton's preschool graduation.

No comments: