Thursday, August 11, 2011

Dyer


Dyer will be 2 months old on Saturday! Can you believe it? Why do they have to grow up so fast? He is such a good little baby. My favorite thing is that he likes to snuggle. I just wish that I could snuggle with him all day. He lays his sweet little (big if you ask my sister) head on my chest and is so content. In the mornings if I want a little extra sleep I will pick him up and lay him on me, pat his back, and he will fall right back asleep. It's wonderful!

Talking about sleep... Dyer finally slept through the night last night! I went to bed at the same time last night 9:30 and we didn't get up until a little after 5:30. 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep is wonderful! I honestly can't remember the last time that happened since I was always waking up when I was pregnant. Let's just hope this wasn't a fluke. Even if it was he has been sleeping pretty good this last week (about 5-6 hours his first chunk and then 2-3 hours the second chunk.


Another first for Dyer this week was on Monday he laughed in his sleep. It was really cute and gave me a nice chuckle but I'm sure it will be a while before he gives someone a real laugh.

Dyer is smiling a lot more now and seems to like it when someone joins him on the floor and talks to him. Just the last couple of days he has started to "talk" back. He'll coo just a little bit every once in a while but I almost think it kind of scares him when the noises come from him.


Dyer had his 2 month Dr. Appointment on Monday. He was 11 lbs 5 oz and 23.5 in. He's above average but he must have a long torso and short legs because he is already growing out of his 0-3/3 month clothes. Easton and Blair were able to wear these clothes until they were about 4 months old. Dyer's church shirts seem like they are getting small/short but his pants still seem pretty long.



At his Dr. Appointment we found out that his right leg wasn't clicking anymore so we won't have to get an ultrasound. As much as it would have been fun to see Daddy at work I'm glad that it was able to heal itself and we don't have to worry about that anymore.

Dyer still spits up but it seems like it is getting a little better.

Dyer's opening his hands a lot more now. When you hold him he tends to open and close his hands so its almost like he is scratching/massaging you.


Nathan and I still can't agree on Dyer's eye color. Nathan says they are brown. I agree with him that I think they will turn brown eventually since they are a lot darker than Easton and Blair's eyes were but I don't think they are brown yet. I say they are dark grey. I even asked my doctor what color he thought (I didn't tell him what either Nathan or I thought) and he said, "dark grey but I bet they will turn brown." And yes I am only posting that because my doctor agreed with me.


I finally pumped so that Nathan will have milk for Dyer at church when I'm teaching. I decided to do a test run and see if Dyer would even take a bottle since Blair refused. Easton was able to be the first one to feed him. I think he was pretty excited!


Note: There are three other posts that I updated early today. Check them out!






No comments: