Thursday, August 4, 2011

What a night!

I get up to feed Dyer around 1am. He eats on one side and then falls asleep. I decide to change his diaper so that hopefully he will wake up and eat on the other side. I bring him out into the hall to change him so that Nathan doesn't get woken up. I realized that I forgot to grab wipes and a burp cloth (Dyer tends to spit up a lot!). I grabbed the wipes but forgot the burp cloth so I return to grab one. Just as I'm approaching Dyer he spits up everywhere. Seriously it was like a volcanic eruptions. Milk oozing out the mouth and nose which caused choking which then resulted in milk spitting out his poor nose and mouth. He soaked his pjs and the carpet. Great... I clean up the mess and go to Dyer's room to grab some new pjs. As I'm getting up he pukes again. Luckily the burp cloth was under his head this time. The burp cloth is now pretty much soaked. Seriously Dyer you still had more milk in you!?! I get him out of his pjs and put him in my lap to clean him up. I figure I'm safe since he up-chucked everything I feed him and then some. Nope! Wrong again. Puke all over the right side of my shorts and the carpet. Awesome... Again I clean up the mess and put him in his nice clean pjs. Seriously not more than a second after I finished zipping up his pjs he pukes again. The positive: Dyer's pjs were pretty much dry (just a little bit of spit up) so I didn't feel the need to change him again. Plus he was more than ready to eat on the other side! The negative: He got the carpet pretty good so I had to clean that up.

Fast forward almost 5 hours and I hear Blair crying. I try to ignore her in hopes that she will fall back asleep. No such luck. I decide to get up and just peek in to see if she really does in fact need me. As I glance in her room I realize she's not wearing her diaper. Really!?! I walk in her room and almost instantly she stands up on her bed and I can tell her pjs and sheets are soaking wet. Of course she wants to be held but let's be honest, that's just not going to happen right now. I get her pjs off, strip her sheets and notice that she also managed to get her comforter wet as well. I collect everything and bring it downstairs to the laundry room to get washed. Come back up stairs give Blair a quick wet wipe bath, get a diaper on, put new sheets on and put her back to sleep. The positive: Blair's diaper was definitely dry so I got to reuse that! The negative: Well, we already know that one! Oh, and as I was walking back to my room, Dyer was up and ready for round 2!

3 comments:

Myk said...

wow...and I thought my night was bad with Emery wanting to be up and play randomly at 4 am, and Wade being gone and not taking care of Kannon in the morning...but pretty sure your night trumped mine by far!

Child Family said...

Don't you just love being a mom..oh the joys!

Aleese and Scott said...

What a night!
The joys of motherhood. Hopefully you can get a better night of sleep tonight!