Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Why we should listen to mommy...

Yesterday as I was reading a library book I hear Easton in a panic calling my name. I rush out my bedroom towards the playroom where he had been watching a movie. I meet him in the hallway where he was now crying and obviously scared. At first I thought the movie sacred him because he tends to get really involved with the movies he watches, but at the same time I found it odd since he has seen How to Train your Dragon several times and knows exactly what's going to happen. I finally got him to calm down enough for him to tell me what was wrong.

Easton: "You know that white little ball thing?"
Me: "the marble?"
Easton: "Ya, it went down my throat. It's stuck right here" As he is pointing to the bottom part of his neck.

After telling me this and me reassuring him he'll be fine, he walks back to the playroom and sits down to watch his movie. I knew he was breathing fine since he was talking to me but I was still a little concerned about it being stuck in his throat so I called Nathan to see what I should do. He told me to have Easton drink something to get it to go down.

As I'm bringing Easton down to the kitchen he starts sobbing. I put him on the counter and ask him what's the matter. He then asks all worried, "I'm I going to choke to death?"

I'm always telling the kids not to put things in their mouths because they might choke to death. Apparently Easton remembered this and was really worried that he was going to die because he swallowed the marble. Poor guy.

Later that night when Nathan got home he asked Easton about the marble. Easton told him, "It's okay. The marble will go in my tummy and then I'll poop it out!"

Hopefully Easton finally understands now why I'm always telling him and Blair (mostly Blair) not to put things in their mouth (that don't belong in there) and why he can't leave coins/marbles/balls (hungry hippos game) around because I don't want Blair putting them in her mouth. Apparently I should have been a little more concerned about him. Oops!

No comments: