Saturday, January 21, 2012

Easton

I just love my little Easton to pieces. He is so funny and bright. He will seriously talk your ear off about made up stories he comes up with. They generally have to do with good guys and bad guys and the good guys beating up the bad guys.

He also comes up with knock, knock jokes but unfortunately he tells jokes just as good as his Auntie Jacqui does. Either they don't make any sense or he botches them but without fail he thinks it's the funniest joke in the whole world. And you know what? I think it's pretty funny too! Mainly because I can't help but laugh at him laughing at himself. It's cute!

Easton also likes to play guessing games. He will give us clues and we have to guess what he is thinking.



Easton got to be the first one to go flying with Dad! I guess he liked it at first and wouldn't stop talking in the headphones. Eventually he took his head phones off (probably because they aren't the most comfortable things in the world). Towards the end of the flight Nathan's instructor,Hal, had Nathan close his eyes while Hal positioned the plane in a weird position and then had Nathan open his eyes and fix the position of the plane. I guess Easton wasn't feeling so good after that part of the flight.



Easton inside the plane ready for take off. Isn't he so handsome? This was back in early Nov. (I think) but Nathan just sent me these pictures off his phone this last week.


I would say for the most part Easton and Blair are pretty good buds. In fact it isn't uncommon for them to gang up on me! Haha! I think it is rather cute when the two of them stick up for each other. It makes me happy that they seem as though they will always have each other's back. They do fight with each other but it generally doesn't take very long for them to make up and go on as if nothing happened.

This seems to be the case with Easton hating me. One minute it's, "I hate you! I'll never be your best Easton/ I'll never give you the best hugs/etc." Then the next minute he is saying he is sorry and giving me a hug. Is it normal for a 4 year old to say they hate their mom? He only says it when he isn't getting his own way. I think he is hoping that I will give in and let him do what he wants. I'm sure most kids go through this stage but I didn't think it would happen until he was a teenager. Maybe if I'm lucky he is getting it all out of his system now and he will be an easy teen. I can always hope right?



We took the kids to the park a couple times to play baseball. I must say I'm pretty impressed with Easton hitting the ball. Nathan pitched to Easton and he hit it several times. The last time we went we brought the pitching machine Nathan's Dad and Sue gave to Easton for his birthday a couple years ago. Blair basically hogged it but the few times Easton got to use it he did alright. He throws the ball pretty well too but we definitely need to work on catching the ball. Maybe we will sign Easton up for t-ball sometime this coming year.

I thought it was funny a couple weeks ago I made an apple pie and Easton decided he didn't like it because it wasn't a raspberry pie like the picture on the crust box showed. Anyways, Nathan decided to take it off his plate and eat it for him. The only problem was part of the apple filling was still on his plate and this did not make him happy. He could not eat his ice cream because it was too close to the apple filling. FYI: I'm told he gets this from his Dad but I was pretty picky too so unfortunately he gets it from both sides! Back to the story...Nathan tried scraping the filling off his plate but this was not good enough for Easton because he could still see traces of it. Nathan then said, "What do you want me to do, lick it off?" Easton was all over that idea so Nathan did just that he licked his plate clean and gave it back to a smiley, very happy, little boy! And Easton ate his ice cream in peace!

No comments: