Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Easton recently has been getting some things mixed up when he says things. These are just a few of them that I remember.
"Easton want to hold you." Translation: I want you to hold me.
"Get off of me!" Translation: Put me down!
"Lights off." Translation: Turn the lights on.

Another recent thing for Easton is if he is about to be sent to time out he will try and change the subject so that hopefully we will forget that he is in trouble. He will either say he has to go potty and run to the bathroom or he will say, "I love you, ______"(fill in the blank of the person who is going to punish him) with his sweet angelic smile. It makes me laugh everytime though. He is definitely a smart and clever little man.

Have I mentioned before how stubborn Easton is? Well, I have been working on colors with him for who knows how long and I felt like we were getting no where because anytime I would ask him what color something was he would just say, "I don't know." Well, yesterday we were coloring pictures on the computer (he loves to touch the computer so I knew this activity would be fun for him) and I asked Easton what color he wanted to color the picture. He would point to a crayon on the screen and I would ask him what color it was. He knew five colors (blue, red, yellow, pink, and green)! He didn't know orange or purple but still I can't believe he knew and wouldn't tell me before. I know this is the case because after getting his H1N1 nasal spray today I gave him a blue sucker and asked him what color it was and I'm sure you can guess what he said, "I don't know." He can be so stubborn sometimes.


The other day Nathan was reading stories to Easton before bedtime and Blair was already in her crib for the night. Nathan looked over at Blair's crib and she kept playing peek a boo with them. She would look over bumper then hid her face and then she would pull the bumper up and peek at them briefly before hiding herself again. She continued this several times.

Diaper changes have become a challenge now with Blair. She does not want to hold still for anything. She is such a wiggle worm.

The other day I was making homemade finger paints and I hear Blair just laughing away at herself. I turn around and she clapped about three times and then just started laughing and laughing. She continued this same cycle for a good five minutes. I couldn't help but laugh with her because it isn't very often that she laughs a good laugh (usually they are forced laughs unless it is Easton of course. He is really the only one who can get her to laugh).
Video of Blair standing using the couch.


Random pics of Easton and Blair after church on Valentines Day.

Blair attacking Easton. I think this is one of my favorites.


Blair looks cute but Easton didn't want to take pictures. Can you tell?


Blair looks like a deer in headlights. Easton looks alright.


Blair looks good. What is Easton doing?

Easton attacking Blair. She thinks this is so funny when he does this. Another favorite.


Where's Blair? Easton actually looking at the camera.

Why is it that you can't get just one descent pic of both kids looking at the camera?

Video of Easton attacking Blair and Blair laughing.

No comments: