Thursday, July 22, 2010

Friday 7/16/2010

We went to Sacramento and hit up the Zoo and Fairy Tale Town. These two places are right across the street from each other.

Zoo:
The zoo was fun and nice but it was definitely very small. I was a little disappointed by how small it was but on the up side all the animals were up close and pretty easy to see (I know some people have issues with this-that the animals don't have room to roam, it's not like their natural habitat, etc. but I think of all the times that I've been to the zoo, I've only seen one animal ever use the majority of their space. Most of the time they are sleeping or walking their same small route over and over again). We got there almost when the zoo opened so most of the animals were awake.

Aiden, Blair, and Easton

The girls watching the flamingos.


Easton driving the truck.


Easton and me.
Easton wanted the top hole so I took the bottom one. Its a little messed up but funny!


The boys watching the kangaroos.


The giraffes were really close. We got to see a baby giraffe but it was pretty tall so it didn't look much like a baby. We also got to see a tiger cub (only 3 weeks old) but it was sleeping.


This picture cracks me up because these two would not stop fighting almost the whole week. It kind of reminds me of Jac and I growing up.


Aiden and Blair watching the otters.
I thought this picture was really cute. It is kind of hard to see but Aiden came up to Blair and put his arm around her. She didn't like it much but it was still cute.


I think my favorite was the otters. We got to the otters right when they were about to get fed so we got to watch them do some tricks.

Video of Otters:


Kadyn really wanted to ride the train so I took him and Easton on it.

Kadyn and Easton.


Me, Easton, and Kadyn


Fairy Tale Town:
I thought this was a fun place and I think all the kids enjoyed it (that is until it got really HOT!). Basically it is a bunch of play areas built to look like scenes from fairy tales. Poor Aaron was sick the whole day so he pretty much just stayed in the stroller the whole time. He was a trooper though.


Easton, me, and Blair
"The woman who lived in a shoe"


Not sure which fairy tale has a tractor...


Cute water fountain for the kids.


Blair hanging out in her stroller.


Aiden, Kadyn, and Easton Wizard of Oz


Me, Jana, Jacqui, and Mom
We thought it would be fun to get all us girls.


Blair loved going down her size slide. Should would have stayed there all day if I let her.

Blair and Aiden

Blair

Video of Blair going down the slide:

Easton on the giants foot. "Jack and the Beanstalk"

It got really hot and since we found a sprinkler watering the grass, we decided to cool off a bit by running through it.

Me and Easton

Video of Jacqui going through the sprinklers

No comments: