Friday, July 2, 2010

Update!


About a week ago Nathan started to clear out the blocks in the back yard to start his garden but as soon as Easton saw the sand he pretty much claimed it as his new sandbox. He loves it too! After he gets up from his nap he almost instantly heads outside to play in his sandbox. As soon as Nathan walks in the door from work Easton runs up to him and asks if he'll play with him. It is really cute to see the two of them outside playing in the sand together. I think if Nathan ever wants that space back for his garden then he might have to go out and buy Easton a cooler sandbox (like one of these turtle ones...hint, hint ; )).


With all the craziness of moving and everything I was reminded from Sue that I forgot to mention one of Easton's funny sayings. For at least a week (maybe longer) anytime someone said something to Easton he would say, "huh, wha'd you say_____(fill in the blank with the person that said something to him)? It was pretty funny for the first 50 times but after that it got really old (mainly because most of the time he said it, it was because he didn't want to do what you told him to do. He would pretend like he didn't hear you). Now I actually kind of miss him not saying it anymore.


This isn't the greatest picture of Blair but it was really the only one I had that showed her two teeth! This reminds me though while we were out shopping today for a mattress I found another tooth coming in! It is one of her molar teeth! How weird is that? So she has her two bottom front teeth and now one top molar tooth. At first though I thought it might be one of her canine teeth and I was a little worried that her birth story of being born in the caul and being a vampire might actually be true. I guess in a weird way I'm glad that it's a molar tooth and not a fang! I just hope her top front teeth come in soon and that she isn't toothless for long.
Blair's learning some new funny things. She has learned to shake her head no and will either do it when she hears the word no or if someone shakes their head yes and tells her yes. She really thinks she's so funny when she does the latter one. I guess she just enjoys doing the opposite of what someone tells her to do. I think we are going to be in trouble in a couple of months when it isn't funny and cute anymore. Blair has also learned to dance. She will either bounce up and down or shake from side to side. It is pretty cute and I can't help but laugh everytime she has to clap for herself.

Video of Blair dancing while eating cake:

Nathan's convinced that she is just moving things around to make room for more cake!

Blair is still not walking but she does enjoy using what she can to get around. Her latest is her baby stroller.


Easton finally got his swimming pool today! It was late by the time we got home so we didn't fill it up but that didn't stop him from having fun sliding down the slide a few times before he had to go to bed.

We also finally got our cars back this week and they look great! I didn't know it at the time I wrote about our cars way back when but I guess my windshield actually did get cracked in two places so they had to replace the whole thing. They also had to replace the hood of my car and wanted to replace the top of my car as well but it was nationally on back order and they had no clue when it would become available. Instead they just took the roof off, hammered all the dents out, repainted it, and put it back on. Kind of crazy! I'm just glad that we finally have our cars back.

We have been keeping ourselves busy with a bunch of free stuff. I just love summer and all the fun free activities the community has for kids. We go to storytime at the library at least once if not twice a week. Also at the library/cultural center they have programs or activities for the kids every wednesday. This week Easton got to make his own flag and they had all the kids parade inside the library to music. It was really cute! Every friday they also have some sort of water activity but unfortunately we haven't made it to one yet. Maybe next week! Also this last week I took the kids to the free summer movies that regal puts on. Easton really enjoyed the movie of course. I can't say the same for Blair. She was here and there and everywhere. She just did not want to hold still for anything (well except food but once that was gone, she was done). It was definitely different from what I've been used to with Easton where he just sits there and basically doesn't move or make a sound until the movie ends.

3 comments:

joven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
joven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
joven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.