Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Week with Jana

Like I said in the last post my sister, Jana, came almost a week earlier than my mom and my other sister, Jacqui. We definitely kept ourselves busy (movie, library, park, wii, shopping, ER visit, Thomas the train at Toys R Us, etc.). Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures most of that week and was planning on stealing my sisters pictures but somehow when Jacqui downloaded pictures off of Jana's camera for me she forgot the ones from this week.

While we were at the park some boy decided to pee in the toy train (disgusting) so now that park will forever be called the pee park. It probably doesn't help that a week later Easton had to pee right when we got there and because there are no bathrooms and I didn't think that Easton would be able to hold it for the walk home, I had him pee in the bushes. I know hypocrite right? I didn't like the idea but it was an emergency. The whole time I was telling Easton that it's not okay to pee in bushes and that pee belongs in the toilet. He is probably really confused now. At least I didn't have him peeing all over the equipment like that one boy did. I guess that is a plus.

We stayed up a couple of nights playing just dance and karaoke. We definitely had fun and I'm sure Nathan got a good chuckle when he heard us singing. That or he was probably really annoyed because we didn't know many of the songs (just the chorus) and he was trying to sleep. He's a good sport though.

You know my cute little angelic boy named Easton? Okay so we all know that he isn't a perfect little angel but he is cute right? Anyways, he was outside playing with his cousins and sister when we hear little Aiden crying. We don't think much of it until Aaron runs inside telling us that Easton hit Aiden with a rock. We run outside and find that Aiden's finger is bleeding. At first I didn't think it was bleeding because Blair's face was covered in plum juice from the plums she picked up from the ground and was eating (I know gross). I just figured that Aiden was eating them too and had plum juice on his fingers. We brought him inside, cleaned him up, and found that his finger is almost instantly swelling and bruising. Eventually we decide to take him to the ER and after waiting around for about 3-4 hours we found out that the tip of his finger is fractured. I can't believe my son broke his cousins finger. My sister now calls him the Spawn of Satan. Okay so she really only called him that a couple of times. I just hope that she was kidding about that and that she really doesn't hate Easton for it.

We went to Toys R Us for a day out with Thomas. We were really late because we left a little late but we also went to a Toys R Us express at first instead of a regular Toys R Us. I guess it was a good thing that we came late because none of the kids were really all that interested in sitting down and coloring or doing any of the activities. They did each get a free train for showing up though so I guess it was worth it. Afterwards we tried to go to Ikea but the kids were hungry and tired so that was basically a waste of time. After we fed them we tried to go dress shopping for my sister since she forgot her church dress at home, but again the kids really didn't want to shop and were a nightmare. We just went home and then later that night Nathan watched the kids while Jana and I went out. I forgot how much easier, quicker, and lets just face it-more enjoyable shopping is when kids aren't around.

No comments: