Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter and Easter Activities

This was the best picture I got of the two of them on Easter Sunday. We were rushed to get to church on time since Blair decided to sleep in until 10 that morning and we have church at 11. Surprisingly we got there on time. I should have took more pictures after church but of course I forgot.

Easton got up earlier than Blair and found his Easter basket. It was pretty funny because he didn't notice any Easter eggs hidden around the house until about 30-45 min after he got up. I told him he needed to wait until Blair got up before he found any eggs because well I didn't expect her to sleep in for so long but of course he didn't listen. After he found most of the eggs I told him he had to re-hid them for Blair. He basically hid them all on the two end tables in the living room. Not sure if he thought that was a really good hiding spot, if he was too lazy, or if he was trying to make it a little easier for Blair. In the end it worked out pretty well considering we didn't have much time for an egg hunt once Blair got up.
Blair when she woke up and found her Easter basket. She had this same facial expression the whole time she was look at and pulling things out of her basket. That is until...

She found the chocolate bunny (FOOD!!!!) She was so excited! I still crack up every time I look at this picture.



Night before Easter:
We dyed eggs! I was really nervous to do this by myself (Nathan was working on call that night) since Blair is really good at making messes and there were two of them and one of me. It was too cold to go outside so I had no choice but to do it inside. Luckily the worse thing that happened was that Blair dropped and cracked two eggs.

Easton dyeing eggs.

Finished eggs! We did dinosaur Easter eggs this year. The kit came with a bunch of dinosaur stickers and wrappers to go around the eggs. Apparently our eggs were too large because we couldn't get the wrappers over the eggs.

Easton showing his favorite egg!

Blair showing hers! Notice it's cracked.

Earlier that day we were out shopping and came across a really good deal on this sit n stand at Burlington Coat Factory. Normally it is $130 but it was marked down to $95. But then I had a 15% off coupon so I got it for basically $80 plus tax. Not a bad deal for a brand new stroller (especially since I saw a used one at a children's consignment store earlier in the week for $90 and was almost tempted to pick it up-glad I didn't!). It should work out nicely once the little one decides to come.



Last weekend we went to an Easter egg hunt down at nut tree. It was really crazy so I wasn't able to actually take any pictures of the actual hunt but even if I did I might have been able to get one picture before the hunt was over. Yes, it was that crowded and yes it ended just as soon as it started. At least Easton got to ride the train!

Easton and Blair riding some rides. We had to wait around for about 45 min to collect our free gift since Blair found an egg that had a face on it. The kids had fun on the rides but I'm not sure the free gift was worth the wait. It was a free hair cut (It would have been nice if I could use it but I'm pretty sure its a men's hair cutting place).

Waiting in line for the train!


Blair and Easton on the train.

Yesterday after we visited a friend in the hospital Easton asked if he could watch a movie. We told him he could watch a church movie and then he told us he wanted to watch the dandelion movie. Nathan was really confused but it didn't take me very long to figure it out. Easton wanted to watch Daniel and the lion's den.

Check out Easton's preschool pictures in the last post.

1 comment:

Hot Gma said...

You are a brave mama. Glad everything went well. It looks like fun.