Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sneaky little Blair

Blair is such a sneaky little girl especially when it comes to food. She will push chairs to counter tops to grab food to eat. She used to get into the cupboards all the time and get food out (we finally fixed that problem with kiddie locks a few months ago). She also sneaks food out of the garbage and eats it (it's really gross I know-I never had this problem with Easton because when we lived in Maryland the garbage was always locked in the cupboard-still trying to figure out a solution to this one). You would think that I never fed the girl since she always wants to eat but the thing is she is just always hungry.

Blair is constantly sneaking food out of the kitchen and it drives me crazy. I turn my back for a second and the next thing I know she is upstairs eating something in the playroom. She knows she's not supposed to but she still continues to do it. What really drives me crazy is when I find food in random places (like her kitchen set up stairs or the bookshelf in the computer room). I swear she leaves them there so she can eat them later.

Anyways, what actually got me to sit down and write about her sneakiness is what she did last night. I'm not sure in what order she did everything as I was taking a shower at the time but as I got out of the shower I heard a cry/whimper sound and thought I should go check on the kids. Nathan's in bed and all the lights are out in the house. I open the door and something grabs my leg. It scares the crap out of me. As I'm recovering from the shock I look down the hall and realize the TV has been turned on. I pick Blair up to bring her back to her room and to turn the TV off when I notice she has something in her mouth. I turn the light on to look in her mouth. It appears to be a cookie. I turn the TV off and while still holding Blair I go down the stairs to the kitchen. I turn the light on and what do you know...There is a chair pushed up against the counter right where the cookies are. How did she manage to do all this in the dark? Oh and did I mention that she had to climb over the kiddie gate to do all this? All I can say is she is trouble.

3 comments:

Diana Caffee said...

The girl must have one super fast metabolism. I love this story, it's really cute and so naughty too. Sweet Blair, we miss her!

SMT Family said...

Too darn funny! I laughed a lot but I'm not sure I would be able to laugh right away after being scared to death in the dark :) What a little sneak!

Myk said...

hahah