Thursday, April 14, 2011

Spring Fling

Last weekend Nathan's hospital put on a spring fling on base for medical personnel and their families. I took the kids and we had a great time (minus Blair being deathly afraid of the Easter bunny). Blair had to know where that bunny was at all times and when she caught a glimpse of it she would climb as high as she possibly could. She attempted to climb on top of my head a few times. I guess the higher she was the least likely the bunny could get her? To be honest the bunny was about the same height as me so I'm not sure being eye level with the bunny would have made it better. I really should have grabbed the stroller because I basically had to hold her almost the entire time. What was really funny was the fact that she kept telling the bunny off and the bunny wasn't even anywhere close enough to hear her. She kept yelling, "No, my basket!" Apparently the bunny was out to get her candy? I swear Blair and her food...

They had two bouncy houses, several games, face painting, balloons, prizes, drinks, and easter egg hunts for various age groups. Easton and Blair did great with their egg hunts. The were both probably one of the oldest kids in their age groups so I'm sure that helped. Easton's pretty smart though. Part of the egg hunt was behind a storage shed and while most of the kids were competing for the same eggs in the open area, Easton went straight behind the storage shed and had tons of eggs all to himself for most of the hunt. Easton's pretty funny too. He wanted his face painted and the lady gave him two options a chicken or something else (can't remember...maybe a bunny?) Anyways, Easton says, "I want a cow!" Ummm
random! She attempted to make a cow but before I knew what it was (I left to get something out of the car for Nathan) I actually thought it was a zebra at first. Haha! At least Easton got a cow i guess.

Video of Easton and Blair in the bouncy house:

Easton playing the ring toss game:


Easton playing a game.

Blair

Blair's egg hunt (age 0-1). There weren't very many kids in this age group.

Video of Blair:

I like how she skips over about 4-5 eggs.


Easton's egg hunt (age 2-3). I took pictures first. You can see that Easton is pretty much all alone.

Video of Easton: At the very end of the egg hunt. Notice all the kids coming over towards Easton.


The kids with their loot!



Blair


Easton

Nathan was able to take a quick break from work and come and say hi. The kids were a little sad that he had to leave so soon so after the fling we stopped by to see daddy again. We lucked out and Nathan was able to take a break so we got to eat lunch with daddy!

No comments: