Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Quick Update

Nathan seems to be enjoying surgery minus the long hours. On Friday he had to work 26 hours. He worked his normal hours at Walter Reed but then had to go over to another hospital for the rest of his shift. There he got two knife wounds, a head injury from a bar fight, and a car accident. Nathan helped put staples in the guys head that got into a bar fight. Nathan did get a little break on Friday when he got to go and hear Elder Nelson speak to the medical students and their families.

I had my 32 week doctor’s appointment on Friday. Everything is going well. My doctor said that if I went late like I did with Easton, he wouldn’t let me go longer than a week. So we should have our baby girl sometime on or before June 13th. Right now it feels like it is going by way too fast probably because I’m not completely ready for this little girl to make her appearance. I’m still waiting for the car seat to get here. It has been on back order since I ordered it on March 1st. They say that it should be in stock by this Saturday so hopefully it will get here on time. Saturday I went to women’s conference at our stake center. I was really glad that I went but I felt a little bad because Nathan had to watch Easton with only two hours of sleep that day.

Nathan and I took Easton to the really cool park that I finally found. It was really neat but really busy. I didn’t even bother to take pictures because it was too crazy. I will have to take Easton back when it isn’t a weekend. Hopefully then it won’t be too busy. We also grabbed some ice cream on the way back home. Note to self: don’t tell toddler about ice cream until you get to the ice cream place. Easton was having a melt down in the back seat, whining “I ceam, I ceam, I ceam” over and over again. To make matters worse I swear we hit every red light imaginable. Easton definitely needs to learn some patience. He sure did enjoy his ice cream though. I think it is crazy how kids learn some of the things they do. Today I found Easton drinking from his cereal bowl the left over milk. Where did he learn this? I don’t do it (I admit I did it every once in a while as a kid) and if Nathan does do this, Easton and him hardly if ever eat breakfast together. I honestly can’t remember the last time they had breakfast together. So where did he learn this?

I don't have any pictures or videos from this week but I remembered that I never posted the pictures/videos from our Easter dinner with friends. I like how Easton finds an egg, opens it up, grabs the candy, and leaves the egg behind.

2 comments:

Mrs Abbott said...

soo cute!

Post-it Note said...

Hello! Your blog is so cute, I can't believe I had so much to catch up on, and no one commented on Easton peeing on Nathan. Wow is all I have to say about that.
-Paige