Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Easton's first day of pre-school!

I can't believe my baby boy is all grown up and going to pre-school already. I can't say that I was ready for him to go but I knew he would enjoy it and that it would be good for him to get out and interact with other kids his age. I admit it is weird not having him around for 3 hours 3x a week. Blair and I both don't seem to know what to do with ourselves. It will be good for Blair though too so she can have some one on one time with mom. I was reminded last week how much easier going to the store is with just one child. I think I could get used to that and I'm sure Easton won't miss that since he hates to shop!


Easton 1st day of pre-school!


Easton and Blair.
Its not the greatest but neither would cooperate and I had to snap it quick and get Easton to pre-school so I could go pick up Grandma Uehling from the airport.


After a whole week of pre-school Easton seems to really enjoy it. He is learning all kinds of things.


His family.
According to Easton he is an only child or maybe he wishes he was an only child? Ms. Laurie (Ms. Valerie's assistant) asked him if he had a brother and he said no. Then she asked him if he had a sister and he said no. She doesn't know Easton very well but she was pretty sure that he had a little sister and asked him again. He still said no. Ms. Valerie told Easton that he did to have a sister but then Easton wouldn't tell Ms. Laurie what Blair's name was so she just wrote baby sister. Even after a week he still won't tell Ms. Laurie what his sister's name is.


Learning colors. This month it is yellow, blue and green. Yellow + blue makes green.


I learned a few things about Easton that I didn't know. Apparently his favorite color is red. Usually when I ask him he tells me green or blue. His favorite food is bananas. I would have guessed pizza since that is usually what he asks for. The day after he brought this home he did ask for and eat three bananas. Of course his favorite show was Diego. He loves that movie! And his who's who wouldn't have been complete without something to do with Dinosaurs.


He is also learning about circles, the letters m and a, how to pronounce them and sign them. He also knows the sign for apple even though half the time he will tell you it's pear.


Besides what you will see later on in this post (which happened over a month ago) I would say that Easton has really started to mellow out. Yes, he still has his moments but those moments are not as frequent as they used to be. He's hardly ever in time out now and he's more willing to do the things I ask him too. My favorite words now (besides I love you) is "okay mommy!" and "sure!" I hardly ever have to fight him to do things now. It is wonderful! On the down side...Blair is starting to fill those shoes.

The other day I was getting Easton ready for the day and while I was helping him get dressed this was our conversation...
Easton: "I told you it was big!"
me: "What are you talking about? What's big?"
Easton: "My butt!" (as he is shaking it from side to side) "Just like yours!"

Thanks buddy! I know I can always count on you to tell me the truth!

Easton loves this book! He got it from the summer reading program at the library. He pretty much has it memorized and will go around singing it.


We went to the tomato festival in fairfield over a month ago to check it out but to be honest it really wasn't all that exciting. They did have some fun blow up toys for the kids to play on so we bought some tickets for Easton to play on some of them. Of course when we ran out of tickets Easton threw a fit because he wanted to play on the other toys. Sometimes I wonder why we do nice things for kids like this when it seems like either way (letting them do it or not letting them do it) the end result will be them throwing a fit? Anyways, he seemed to have fun in the process...


Easton on the titanic slide.


Video of Easton on the slide:



After the festival we did some grocery shopping. Easton found a dinosaur toy and wanted it so I figured while we shopped that he could play with it. Sometimes a distraction makes shopping more enjoyable. We passed the bin full of balls and like I mentioned in the other post Blair freaks out every time we pass it. I had my camera so I thought it would be funny to get it on tape. Unfortunately Blair was distracted at first by the camera but then we made the mistake of putting the dinosaur toy away and Easton's tantrum distracted her enough that she didn't even notice the bin full of balls.

Video of Easton's tantrum:



I love you EE! Thanks for being my buddy and always wanting me to cuddle with you when you go to bed at night. I know it won't last forever so I will cherish it while I can.

No comments: