Thursday, September 16, 2010

Grandma's visit!

Grandma Uehling (Nathan's mom) flew into town for about 5 days. She came the day after Gpa and Gma Kelsey left. It has been great having so many visitors this summer. Nathan's been on a crazy rotation these last few weeks so unfortunately he wasn't able to spend much time with his family. I'm pretty sure it was okay because I think secretly grandparents come mainly for the grandkids. Nathan had one day off so we took Gma to San Francisco that day. We took the ferry over which the kids seemed to really enjoy and I think/hope most of the other passengers enjoyed having my kids on board too. Blair loved walking all around the ferry and going up to everyone. She especially liked the stairs and the people that had food.


Everyone on the ship


View of Alcatraz.

Once we got to San Francisco we went into a couple of stores so Gretch could buy some memorabilia stuff. While Nathan, Easton and I were busy buying some salt water taffy, Gretch and Blair went into a different store. When we met up Blair had on pair of Sun glasses. I figured Gretchen had bought another pair and let Blair play with them. Nathan finally noticed them and asked where Blair got the sunglasses. Gretch didn't even know Blair had them. Yes, we have a little thief on our hands! Luckily the store was right there so Nathan just brought them back.


Nathan watching the magic show. We all shared a crab cake (my 1st crab cake).

Of course we saw the sea lions, got some bread from (I can't remember the name of the place) and went to Ghirardelli's. We only got the free sample since we still have some chocolate from the last time we were there (surprising I know!). The sample was pumpkin spice with caramel. It was actually really good!


Gma and Easton watching the sea lions.


View of Golden Gate Bridge



Ghirardelli square

Gma and Blair standing in line for trolley.


Dad and Easton waiting in line to get on the trolley.

We also took the trolley to China town. The trolley wasn't quite what I expected but I'm glad that I got to experience it. We took the kids to a local park to let them run around for a while before we hit up some more stores in China town. We got some really cute Chinese pajamas for the kids while we were at China town. Also in China town I had a woman ask me to take her picture. I didn't think it was all that weird until she started posing with Easton. I have to admit I was a little worried that she was going to steal my child. Speaking of weird people taking pictures of my children. There were two other people that day who randomly took pictures of my kids as we passed them on the streets in San Fran. I know my kids are cute but come on people that is just weird!


Dad, Easton, and Blair on the trolley.


View from the trolley.


Blair on the slide. I love her belly hanging out!



Easton on the playground.


This is where the lady wanted her picture taken with Easton.

We decided to take the bus home instead of the ferry since the departure time was sooner than the ferry but Blair was not very happy. She didn't get a nap all day so she was really tired. I finally got her asleep when we were about 2 minutes from getting off the bus. I'm pretty sure those around us weren't too thrilled having a screaming baby for about half their bus ride. I'm not sure the ferry would have been any better but we could have at least got up and walked around which I think would have helped.

During Gretch's stay we also did some shopping around Vacaville/Fairfield and the kids and I took Gma to six flags for a few hours while Nathan took a nap from being on call the night before. As we were about to leave six flags I took Blair to the bathroom to change her diaper. While I was walking back I see Easton pulling his pants down. I start yelling, "Easton no, no, no pull your pants up." This is about the time that Easton starts peeing on the walkway. I was so embarrassed. But wait! It gets better. Apparently Easton's pee splashed on Gma's leg. LOVELY! Way to make your mama proud! I wasn't as embarrassed when I found out that Easton had asked where I was and said that he wanted to go to the bathroom too! I guess grandma just thought Easton wanted to go to the bathroom because I was in there not because he actually had to go. Oops! I knew I should have taken him first. I still feel bad that he peed on gma's leg though. Sorry about that. Gma also came to church with us for sacrament which was nice for me to have someone there to help with the kids.

Thanks Gretch for coming to visit us. Easton still wakes up every morning asking about you.

1 comment:

Mrs Abbott said...

that peeing story is hilarious! Thanks for sharing! I love the pics as well!