Saturday, September 4, 2010

Trip to Washington

I decided pretty much last minute to take a trip to Washington to see my family. With Easton starting preschool next week I decided it would be best to make the trip before he starts since it would be a lot harder to get away once he does start. Plus the last time my dad and step mom saw Easton and Blair was when Blair was 3 months old. I drove almost 8 hours to stay with my brother and sister in law for a night before I drove another 3 hours to my moms. It was a very long drive and I'm not sure that I want to do it by myself again for a really long time. My brother, Wade, followed behind us to help my mom paint her garage and stain her decks. He was able to stay a couple of days since he had a meeting in Portland later that week. My sister Jac and her two kids came up later that week to visit too. We definitely had fun but we just wished that our kids could get along. Hopefully some day they will like each other. It was nice to see my mom, dad and step mom but the trip was definitely too short especially since I had to drive back home. I stayed with my sister and brother in law on the way home and then drove about 9 hours back to my home. I didn't take very many pictures but here's a few.

Video of Uncle Wade sword fighting with Blair against Easton and Gma:



They seriously sword fought for almost an hour. Easton was in heaven!

Another video sword fighting.




Easton and Kadyn in the laundry hamper. This was one of the only times they actually got along.


Grandpa with his granddaughters.


Ashlyn giving Blair kisses.


Kadyn, Ashlyn, Blair and Easton


Gma and Easton.
This was the only pic I took of Easton with Gma. I just thought it was way cute since Easton hardly cuddles with anyone.

1 comment:

Mrs Abbott said...

cute!!! It's so nice to see family! Did you see my blog post on my brother sword fighting with the boys! Now I have to see if I can download my videos on to blogger finally! Good luck, Easton, with preschool! :)