Saturday, September 18, 2010

Turtle Sandbox

We finally bought Easton the turtle sandbox! No, it wasn't because Nathan wanted his garden back. In fact I think Nathan gave up thinking he would ever get his garden back. What finally got Easton the turtle sandbox was when we found little surprises in the sand. Apparently our neighbor's cats decided to turn Easton's sandpit into their own personal walk-in liter box. It was disgusting and it smelled disgusting. What is even more disgusting is the fact that I have no idea how long Easton was playing in there with all that crap before we finally discovered it. I basically grounded Easton from playing outside until we got the sandbox because I knew he would go straight for the sand pit. I tried our local walmart but they were out of them and they weren't getting anymore. I tried Toys R Us online but with taxes and shipping it would have been over $80. Sorry but I wasn't willing to pay that much for a sandbox especially since it was about twice as much as I was expecting. Then with family in town/Easton starting preschool we basically forgot about the sandbox until one day last week when Easton snuck outside and I caught him in the sandpit. I called him inside and told him he couldn't play in the sandpit but not to worry because we were going to go right then and find him a sandbox. I'm really not sure why I told him that when I had no idea where I was going to find a sandbox and I basically promised him something I really had no idea I could keep. I got online and looked for the closest Toys R Us. Supposedly there is one a couple of miles from me but I never found it. Luckily I thought about calling another walmart before we left to see if they had any turtle sandboxes. They told me they did but they also told me they had swimming pools with a slide a few months ago too and it turned out they didn't so I was a little worried about making the trip out there. Luckily they did and best of all it was half off the original price. I got his sandbox for $19 plus tax. I can't believe I lucked out that much. I would have been more than happy to pay $40 for a poo free sandbox and a happy little boy!

Unfortunately Easton didn't get to enjoy his sandbox for very long the first night. Blair kept taking the sand toys out of the sandbox which made Easton upset so he took a handful of sand and threw it right into her face. Her eyes were wide open so she got lots of sand in them. Let's just say the rest of the evening wasn't enjoyable for anyone. I eventually got all or at least most of the sand out of her eyes but that wasn't until after everyone on my block probably thought I was trying to murder my child. She did not, in the very least, like me washing her eyes out with water.

On a positive note Blair is learning to say and sign more words. She's signing please and thank you now. She is also signing hot but it looks very similar to thank you instead of hot but if she blows after she signs thank you then I guess it means hot. She loves ring around the rosie and will say "Dow" for down right before she falls down. She is also saying "boo" when she plays peak a boo. I swear she made a barking sound "woof" after I said and signed dog for her.

One of my favorite things right now (just started yesterday) is when it is time to change Blair's diaper I will tell her to get me a diaper, which she will, but then she will lay down and stay put while I change her. I"m pretty sure I could get used to this but I'm guessing it is just a phase. I actually wouldn't mind changing diapers if it was always this quick and easy.

Easton's new favorite saying, "okey dokey artichokey". He's pretty funny and cute.

2 comments:

Mrs Abbott said...

love the okey dokey artichokey!

Myk said...

ouch, poor Blair!