Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Dyer's Baby Blessing

We blessed Dyer in Sacrament meeting this last Sunday. I had a really hard time hearing his blessing since Easton and Blair both kept calling my name and trying to get my attention. Luckily family was in town and they helped out with them but unfortunately they probably didn't hear much of it either. I guess that is what you get when you have older young kids. If there is ever a next time I'll probably see if I can have friends watch the kids so that I can actually hear the blessing. I don't know if this is allowed and maybe I shouldn't admit it but I've always brought a tape recorder with me to record the blessings so that I can type it up and put it in the kids' baby book. I brought the recorder with me but for some reason I only got maybe 2 seconds of the blessing. I'm really bummed out that I won't have Dyer's whole blessing like I do for Easton and Blair. I told Nathan that he needs to write down what he remembers so that I have some of the things that Dyer was blessed with written down. Hopefully Nathan will do that sooner rather than later so that he doesn't forget anything. I know Dyer was blessed with being a peacemaker and having a strong testimony to share with others. I know Nathan said something about Dyer's name sake but I'm not really sure what exactly he said about that. It was great to have family in town and really neat to have Grandpa Dyer there to stand in the circle for Dyer's blessing. Dyer was definitely very handsome in his cute blessing outfit. Here's a few pictures for those who couldn't make it.















No comments: