Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Jana's visit

Dyer is now three weeks old! How did that happen? Anyways, here is my attempt to play catch up. My sister came into town the day Dyer was born and we definitely kept ourselves busy. I know lots of people say you should rest after having a baby (I took naps here and there) but I'm really not one to stay at home for weeks with a new baby. I honestly think I would go crazy if I tried doing that. I guess it is a good thing that I've had summer babies. I need to get pictures from my sister for some of these days so I guess I'll have to add them later.

6/14: Dyer's first day home. Blair absolutely loves Dyer. In fact she will not leave him alone. Aiden and her got a double time out because they wouldn't leave Dyer alone in the swing. Blair loves to give him kisses and hugs and she is constantly saying, "I want to hold it!"


6/15: We took the kids (minus Dyer who stayed home with Daddy) to the library for a magic show. We figured we needed to get the kids out of the house since they were confined to the playroom most of the day while our master bath was getting tile put in.



6/16: Dyer's first Dr. Appointment. Before Dyer's appointment we actually had to take him to the radiology department to get an ultrasound done on him. He was born with a dimple above his butt that his doctor was concerned about and wanted an ultrasound done on him to make sure there wasn't anything wrong. Everything came back normal. Thank goodness! Dyer was a champ for the whole thing. Even though he was naked the whole time and lying on his tummy he basically slept through the whole thing. At his Dr. appointment we found out that Dyer has a clicking sound coming from his right hip. If it is still there when he is six weeks old (it was still there at his 2 week check up) then he will have to have another ultrasound done on his hip. I'm really hoping it goes away. After his Dr. appointment Nathan and I took Dyer grocery shopping. Everyone thought he was the cutest little thing ever! When we got home one of my friends came over and took some newborn pictures of Dyer. Dyer wasn't cooperating all that well since she wanted him asleep and he decided he was going to stay awake as long as he possibly could. Eventually he fell asleep and she was able to get some pictures taken.


6/17: Nathan took Aaron and Easton to Kung Fu Panda 2.

6/18: We took the kids on base to the duck pond/park. I had someone ask me when I was due. haha! I told her that I just gave birth 5 days ago. She felt bad and apologized. I just thought it was funny. Nathan and I went on a date to the movies later that night with Dyer. Is that even considered a date if you bring your kids?


Dyer doing what he does best....sleeping!


Blair and Aiden

What Auntie Jana does best...playing on her new phone!

Cute little Easton

See what I mean...playing on her phone again!

Aaron


Aiden feeding the ducks.


Video of Blair:



6/19: Happy Father's Day Nathan! We made him breakfast, went to church where Easton sang in Sacrament meeting, and then later we had cake and opened presents.


I tried to get a picture of Dyer for his first day at church but when I finally remembered to it was right when he woke up and was really hungry. He wasn't very happy or patient to get his picture taken. I thought this was the cutest picture with Blair shushing him. "shh"


6/20: Jana and I took the kids to the jump house. Later that night Nathan's sister Kaity and her three friends came for a quick visit and stayed the night.











Jana and Aiden jumping in bounce house.




Jana


Video of kids and Jana sliding:

Video of Aaron and Easton sliding:


Blair Bear playing with the basketball.




Aiden looks all innocent and sweet but just seconds before I took this picture he was beating his mom with that thing in Jana's hand.

Here's the video proof of Aiden attacking Jana:




Easton just hanging out!


6/21: We went to the library in the morning for story time. Jana I'm sure was very excited to reunite with her favorite person in the whole world (Dan the librarian man). Dan must have remembered her and Aiden from last year when they got kicked out of not only story time but also the library for Aiden being so loud because he made sure to point out that if your kid is being too loud that it's okay to take them out. The whole time he was saying this he was staring right at Jana. Haha! I got a good laugh at that. In the afternoon we took the kids to the aquatic park to play. Unfortunately we only stayed about 45 minutes because it was way too hot for Dyer. It was about 103 degrees. I stripped him down to his diaper and kept putting water on him to keep him cool (we were even in the shade) but after about a half hour he just seemed to be getting redder and hotter. I tried calling Nathan to come and pick him up but he didn't pick up so we decided to go home.




Aaron enjoyed getting the life guards and his mom all wet!





Easton of course didn't want to get all wet so instead he hung out most of the time with Dyer and me. He enjoyed eating his snacks.





Dyer chilling out. This was right before I stripped him down to his diaper.





Since we went home earlier than we had planned the kids decided to play in the kiddie pool. The only problem was Blair and Aiden still had their normal diapers on so they had really saggy diapers. It looked like they had huge butts! This picture really doesn't do it justice. I think it was this same day that Nathan noticed that Aiden pooped in his diaper and it was starting to come out of his diaper. Jana kind of freaked out until she noticed that Blair had also pooped in her diaper and it too was starting to come out. It's a little ironic that both of them pooped at basically the same time.

Video of Blair's big butt!:



6/22: My friend came back over to take some more pictures of Dyer with Easton and Blair. Afterwards Jana and I took the kids to the movies. Here in town they have 99 cent summer movies and if you add an extra cent you get popcorn and soda. That's a great deal for only $1. We saw Stuart Little which wasn't all that great. In fact I was surprised that they had at least two curse words in that movie. Easton definitely got into the movie and was really upset when it looked like the cats were going to eat Stuart. In the afternoon Jana took the kids to the library to see the juggling act and get ice cream while I took Dyer with me to Nathan's graduation.


Video of Nathan graduating:
Its a little dark.
I'm sad that I never got a picture of Nathan. He was the first person to cross the stage so I had no idea what to expect so I didn't get a picture.





6/23: Jana and I took the kids to Children's Wonderland.

I need to get these pictures from Jana. My camera died after taking only three pictures so this is really the only one I have.




6/24: We took the kids on base again to the air museum, burger king, and then the play fountain. Easton put his swim suit on and then the next thing I know he is taking it off and putting his clothes back on. I asked him what he was doing and he informed me
that he didn't want to get wet. Isn't that the whole point of a play fountain...to get wet? Nathan and I went out on a quick date to get ice cream while Jana watched all five kids! When we got home we watched green hornet. Nathan and I already saw this movie and because I was so tired I actually fell asleep. Apparently I was snoring really loud.







Easton eventually played briefly in the fountain.


Of course a picture of Dyer sleeping.

6/25: Jana and I took Dyer with us shopping. Later that night Nathan and I along with Dyer went to the airport to pick my mom up.


Thanks Jana for coming up and helping out. Easton and Blair loved having their cousins around and I loved that they kept them busy!




No comments: