Friday, July 8, 2011

Gma's visit

My mom flew in on the 25th. When she first got here Easton kept calling her Grandma Gretch (which is Nathan's mom) but by the end of her visit Easton started calling her Grandma Gma. We told him he could call her either Grandma or Gma but apparently he was confused and thought we told him to call her Grandma Gma? That or he must have thought he needed a name after Grandma since we either call or refer to his grandparents with a name after grandma or grandpa. Blair at first would call my mom baba which I'm not sure what it means since she has called others by that name as well (my sister, Ms. Valerie, and one of her babysitters). The only thing that I can think of is maybe she is trying to say babysitter since all of these people have watched her when I wasn't around. By the end of my mom's visit though Blair started calling her Gaba.It was really nice having my mom in town. Basically we just did our everyday stuff (cleaning, grocery shopping, library, park) nothing too special but it was really enjoyable (at least for me) to have my mom around and to have an extra pair of hands. Things just seemed so much easier having my mom around and I kept telling her to just move in with us. I was basically a slacker taking pictures while my mom was here so I don't have very many.



Dyer had his 2 week doctors appointment and he's basically a bean pole. He weighed 8lbs 3 oz (33%). The first time they measured him they said he was 51 cm (83%) but then the doctor noticed that he apparently shrunk since his last doctor's appointment so they remeasured him to be 52.5 cm (they didn't give me a percentage but it is obviously more than 83%).

We took the kids to JCPenney to get their pictures taken (Easton's 4 year pics, Blair's 2 year pics, Dyer's newborn pics, and an all kids pic). They turned out pretty cute even though Blair wasn't very cooperative. They actually come in later today but I'll probably wait until we go in for family pics to pick them up. I was hoping to post those pictures but I can't figure out how to copy and paste them.

Dyer's cord finally fell off so he was able to get his first real bath before church. It looks like he might have somewhat of an outie belly button.






For the 4th our ward had a breakfast in the park. I forgot my camera but luckily Nathan had his phone on him so I was able to get some pics.









No comments: