Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Dyer at eight months

I'm late as usual with Dyer's monthly post but we were all sick right around the time Dyer turned 8 months.



As you can see from the picture Dyer has his two bottom teeth and just on Saturday (2-18-2012) I noticed he is working on his third tooth (the tooth right next to the middle teeth-right side). I find it kind of weird that he is getting that tooth before his two middle teeth but what can you do? I can tell he is also working on his two front teeth though because his gums are so swollen right there. That probably explains why he keeps getting up at night around 4am.




Dyer loves standing! Not only does he fuss when he is on his tummy but now he seems to fuss when he is sitting too! He wants to either be held or for someone to help him stand up.



He is still not crawling although we are working on it. Nothing seems to motivate him enough to try and grab it. I keep thinking he is really close but then another day goes by and he is still not crawling. I wouldn't be surprised if he skipped crawling all together.




Dyer is definitely my BIG baby! Who knows how accurate my scale is at home but it says that he is 19 lbs! Easton was just over 18 lbs at 1 year and Blair wasn't 18 lbs until she was 13 months! I have started to call him Tank because he is so big and heavy! Besides last week when he fell asleep in the car I can't remember the last time I hauled him in his carseat. He is just way too heavy for me to do that anymore. For the last month he has started wearing 12 month clothes. He only wore a 6-9 month church outfit twice and the second time he wore it, it was definitely too small for him, but I made him wear it anyways. This was back when he had just turned 7 months! Everyone seems to comment on how big he is now. It used to be that he had a huge head but now everyone seems surprised that he is only 8 months!





Dyer likes to eat but really only prefers his fruit. He's not really a fan of veggies (no surprise there) or the meals. The meals kind of surprise me because Easton and Blair really loved the meals (minus the broccoli and cheese meal). We have started to give him some table foods here and there and he seems to like that.



Dyer has started to say "Mama". He only seems to say it when he is waiting to get fed and when he wants to be picked up. So basically when he is upset. It also seems as though he has started to sign "milk" and "all done".



Dyer LOVES bath time! He loves to just sit in there and splash! Here's a little video (just ignore Blair's nakedness):






Dyer swinging.

No comments: