Thursday, February 2, 2012

Fun Things

Yesterday Easton's friend, Ian, came over and while I was eating lunch he came up to talk to me.

Ian: "I'm going to spy on Blair!"
Me: "Okay..."
Ian: "I'm going to pretend that Blair's my girlfriend and I'm going to spy on her!"

Haha! I couldn't help but laugh. Good thing I like Ian and that he is just 4 because it definitely would have been a bit creepy if he and Blair were teenagers. I kept imagining Ian climbing the tree outside Blair's window to spy on her.



I don't generally let my kids slide down the stairs but for some reason this particular day they got away with it and boy did they have fun! I remember doing this same thing as a kid at my friends house with sleeping bags. I almost brought them out to show them how it is truly done but my mom instincts kicked in and I decided it would be best not to...at least for now. Man, it would have been fun! Good thing they did it when they did because the gate is now up at the bottom of the stairs so there will be no sliding for a while.



Sliding down the stairs with pillows



Good thing they put padding at the bottom!


Also yesterday Easton was climbing on Dyer's changing table and I told him to get down because it wasn't safe.

Me: "You're not very light anymore. You're going to tip the table over."

Easton looks a little confused but gets off.

About 20 seconds later he says, "Mommy, am I dark inside?"

Me:"No, why would you think that?"

Easton: "Cause you said I wasn't light anymore."



While the kids were sliding down the stairs Dyer was hanging out in his walker. Poor Dyer! Everything he does these days involves him doing it backwards. He "crawls/scoots" backwards and he "walks" backwards (in his walker). He can't seem to go where he wants to. Anytime he tries, he gets further and further away and he gets so frustrated.

The other day I put Dyer on the living room rug sitting up and left the room for a few minutes. He started getting upset so I went and checked on him. He was about two feet from where I put him stuck against the laundry basket but still sitting up. I'm not sure if he scooted the whole way on his butt or if he got there on his tummy and then sat up but either way it was something new for him. He hasn't done it since so I'm still not sure exactly how he got there.



Notice anything different about Blair in these pictures? Yep, that's right she is wearing big girl underwear and we are potty training. I don't know if it is because she is a little older then the last time we tried or maybe she is just finally ready but it has been SO MUCH EASIER this time! Hallelujah! Her stubbornness was definitely there for the first week, which didn't make it easy (I did say easier earlier not easy) but she has finally stopped fighting me and will go use the potty when I ask her to now. She has gone a couple times by herself but we are still working on that. We are still working on the dreadful #2 as well. Still no successes there. Anyone out there have any good advise on what worked for their kids?

Here's her potty chart from the last 1 1/2 weeks. I'm one happy mommy right now!


Every time Blair goes potty she gets to pick a treat/prize from her treat bowl. Almost every time she will look in the bowl, put her pointer finger to her lip and say ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm until she finds what she wants and pulls it out. It's pretty cute and makes me smile/chuckle every time.

No comments: