Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Sick

Can I just say how much I hate being sick and watching my family be sick. It is honestly one of the worst things ever! It definitely makes you thankful for your health.

Blair threw up once on the 8th (Wednesday). I thought it was a little strange but didn't think much of it. About 1am I woke up with a stomach ache. I laid in bed for a while trying to get back to sleep but couldn't. I decided to take some pepto bismol to hopefully calm my tummy. Unfortunately that didn't work and started puking my guts out about every 15-20 minutes for 2+ hours straight. It was horrible. Luckily Nathan gave me a blessing and I only threw up once more Thursday morning and then it was finally over. I was exhausted all day Thursday and slept as much as I could. I only got out of bed to get the kids something to eat and that took all the energy I had to do that. The TV was a great babysitter that day for Easton and Blair : ) Luckily for me Dyer took two really long naps that day and was willing to play on my bed next to me. Unfortunately for Dyer he was the next one to get sick...

Dyer woke up around 11pm Friday night thrashing about. Nathan and I ran to his room just as he started screaming. We went in and he had puke covering his face, pjs, and bedding. I'm guessing he threw up and couldn't breath and that was why he was thrashing about. It was so sad to see Dyer puking. He was so tired and would almost be asleep but then get woken up because he had to puke. He slept in our room that night in his pack n play but I didn't get much sleep that night because I was so worried that he would suffocate on his puke. Nathan gave Dyer a blessing too and Dyer was back to his normal self in the morning.

We went to church on Sunday and Nathan went to take Blair to the restroom right before the 3rd hour. After taking her to the bathroom Blair didn't want to go back to Nursery she just wanted to stay with Nathan. That should have been a sign that Blair wasn't feeling very well because she loves nursery but I know I wouldn't have thought anything of it since she already threw up on Wednesday. Well, sure enough Blair threw up all over her dress and the gym floor. She even got a little on Nathan. Nathan handed Dyer off to someone else and went to clean Blair up while a bunch of guys cleaned up the floor (hopefully none of them got sick). While Nathan was gone apparently Dyer had a blow out and some people were trying to find me but didn't know where to find me. Eventually Nathan came to tell me that he was taking Blair home. He actually had to take everyone home because I had a meeting after church. Poor Blair was walking around church in only her underwear and my nursing cap wrapped around her. She threw up on the way home so Nathan had to clean up that big mess as well. Blair definitely got it the worst out of anyone but that might be because she wasn't very good at just taking sips of water/pedialyte. She just kept throwing it up. But then again she was the only one that got a fever too. One of our home teachers came over to help Nathan give Blair a blessing. Ms. Valerie came over to see how Blair was doing and actually ended up getting sick the same day as Nathan and Easton.

Nathan and Easton got sick Monday night/Tuesday Morning (Valentines Day). Although I got Nathan home for Valentines Day it definitely wasn't the way I had hoped. Easton was actually really good at throwing up in the bucket and taking little sips unlike Blair. Nathan and I took turns sleeping on Easton's floor next to him that night so once again I didn't sleep very well that night. Easton was pretty much back to his normal self in the morning.

I am glad that we are all finally back to normal and that no one is sick anymore. I honestly don't know how people that are sick all the time deal with it. It was so exhausting!

Check out Dyer's 8 month post!!!

No comments: