Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Brookside Gardens and other news

Yesterday Easton and I went with a bunch of friends to a butterfly exhibit. Easton seemed to enjoy looking at all the butterflies but was even more curious as to what they felt like. Of course we weren’t allowed to touch them so I had to focus more on Easton and what he was doing than I could at the butterflies. Easton is such a busy little boy these days and he definitely kept me busy at the gardens. At one point he kept following around this lady that was watering the plants inside the exhibit because as we all know Easton loves water. He even found the one and only little water puddle in one of the corners that he kept splashing in. Luckily for me it kept him busy for a while so I could take some pictures. Outside they had flower and rose gardens but because I was so busy chasing Easton around I wasn’t able to “stop and smell the flowers.” I was on guard the whole time watching Easton play around the water fountains. I was worried that if I turned my back for a split second he would be swimming in the water. He definitely tried a few times. On the way home I gave Easton a snack to eat because it was already past lunch time. I thought it was a brilliant idea to make a smore treat for him (cheerios, marshmallows, and chocolate chips). By the time we got home he was fast asleep covered in chocolate. His clothes, face, arms, legs, blanket, and car seat was covered in melted chocolate. Next time I might just substitute the chocolate for some raisins. Not as tasty but more healthy and definitely less messy.



Easton looking at the butterflies

Easton playing in the water puddle.
Mom and Easton sitting on the butterfly bench.


Easton covered in chocolate. You can't see it very well in this picture but there was seriously chocolate everywhere.

Other news:
Easton’s new signs: cow and banana. He actually surprised me with banana. We were in the grocery store and getting some bananas when he took one look at the bananas and started signing it. I didn’t even sign it too him first. He did it all by himself. That also reminds me…my sister sent me some pictures of her kids the other day and Easton was on my lap looking at them with me. When he saw a picture of his cousin Ashlyn (4 months old) he began signing baby all by himself.

On Saturday we were watching the BYU football game over at some ward member’s house. Easton was playing with a toy car and decided it would be fun to bang it on the sliding glass door. Of course I told him no, no, no. (while shaking my finger and head side to side). Easton apparently thought it would be fun to copy me so he kept going over to the glass door as if he was going to hit the car on it and then he would turn to me and say, “no, no, no.” while of course shaking his finger, head, and whole arm side to side). I’m just glad my kid listens and obeys.

Easton really likes the book and song “The Wheels on the Bus.” Any time he picks up the book he pretends like he is beeping the horn with his hand and says, “ba, ba, ba.” For beep, beep, beep. He also does the mommy saying, “shhh, shhh, shhh” with his finger to his mouth. He also tries copying the hand movement to the wheels going round and round the baby going wah, wah, wah. Yesterday on the car ride to the butterfly garden one of the babies started to cry “wah, wah, wah,” so Easton began saying, “shhh, shhh, shhh” with the hand movement.

No comments: