Friday, September 5, 2008

Flashback Friday

Okay so I decided it might be fun to look back and tell stories from my past. I can’t promise that I will do this every Friday because most likely that won’t happen but anytime I think about it on a Friday; I will try to think of a fun pastime story. Here’s the first one. I mentioned in my last post about the pioneer dress so here’s the story.

Pioneer dress…My ward back in Washington State when I was about 12 years old decided it would be a fantastic idea to have the young women in the ward sew their own pioneer dress and hike a 10k in those dresses in the middle of July to celebrate pioneer day. Can I tell you how unexcited I was to take part in this. I didn’t mind so much making the dress (I helped my mom make it unlike my sister who refused to have anything to do with it) because I kind of enjoy learning crafty new things, but to get dressed up in that hideous dress (bonnet included) and hike in it for a few hours was not how I wanted to spend my Saturday morning/afternoon doing. Yes, it gave me an appreciation for what the pioneers had to go through but come on people; did we really need to wear the dresses? I bet the person who came up with this brilliant idea was laughing hysterically at us the entire time with all the torture she was putting us through. I swear if I ever find out who was responsible for this…

I almost wish I had the picture of me and my sister in our pioneer dresses because let me tell you our faces basically tell it all. We were not happy to be there. At the same time though I almost wish all copies were burned. Can we say embarrassing?

1 comment:

SMT Family said...

Oh I am glad that I moved to Prune Hill just a year too late! I want to see the pic before you burn it :) Love you!