Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Problems with sheets and baking with Easton

For the last two weeks whenever I go to either check on Easton while he is taking a nap or when I go to get him from his crib I find this. He is constantly finding a way to get his crib sheet off. I was thinking that his matching crib sheet was getting a little loose around the elastic part and that was why he was easily getting his sheet off. I thought I could out smart him by changing the sheet to one that was a tighter fit around the mattress. Unfortunately when I went to check on him after I had changed the sheet, he had done it again. He found a way to get it off. It is annoying enough to make a crib bed once a week after doing laundry but to do it at least twice a day is enough to make someone go insane. I guess I’m not as bummed anymore if Easton decides to take only one nap during the day since I now have to make his bed anytime I decide to lay him down. If anyone has any ideas of how to keep a bed sheet from getting pulled off by a one year old please let me know.


Yesterday after Easton’s morning nap (yes he got two yesterday and yes I had to make his bed three times) I decided to make cookies with Easton’s help. I was a little worried to have him help me but surprisingly enough he did great! I measured and he dumped (that is until we got to the chocolate chips). He was too busy shoving the chocolate chips in his mouth to put them in the bowl. In fact, he even started picking out the chocolate chips from the bowl to eat them. I can’t blame him. I may or may not have done it a few times myself : ). We baked them and they turned out great! Easton is definitely a great baker. When Nathan came home Easton picked out the cookies and put them on a plate for Daddy. He brought them to Daddy but not without a price. Daddy had to share one of his cookies with Easton. Dad is definitely a sucker when it comes to his little boy signing please and looking at him with his cute little puppy dog eyes.

2 comments:

SMT Family said...

These sheet straps might help out. We used them for our sheets in NYC because the fitted sheet didn't fit well with the pillow-top. I don't know if for sure if it will work for a one-year-old, but it kept me from going insane with my own bed. Here is a link. You can get them cheaper at Wal-Mart or KMart.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=14808086&RN=404

Hot Gma said...

Cute. Easton is a chip off the old block. He's just like his grandma when it comes to choclate and baking. Wish I could help with the sheet thing, but I've never encountered that before.

G-ma