Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Visiting Grandpa and Grandma Flynn


One of the main reasons for my trip up to Washington this time around was to see my grandparents. They are getting older and the last time I saw them was a couple months after Blair was born so it has been a while. They hadn't met Dyer yet so I thought I would make a trip up there to see them. My dad, Sharon, my sister and her kids all came up with us. It was crazy with six little ones running around but I'm glad we got up there and saw my grandparents.



My kids for the most part were horrible. Easton had a cough that actually started the day we left California. Because he wasn't feeling well he was miserable and made everyone around him miserable. He was tired and very cranky. Every time I gave him a time out my sweet grandma would try her best to make everything okay for him. She offered him a cookie one of the times because he was crying and another time she gave him toys to play with after I sent him to his room to take a nap. I guess Grandma's are allowed to spoil their grandkids : ).

Blair wouldn't stop punching Ashlyn in the face which was a little weird since last time they were together they played really well. I can thank cousin, Aiden, for teaching Blair that nice little trick! Blair also must not have been feeling very well on the other end because I was changing her diaper way too many times a day and they were disgusting! Potty training was a disaster on this trip so I basically didn't push it all that much.

Dyer was a sleeping disaster! He was constantly up all night the two nights we were there so that meant I didn't get any sleep what so ever. I was exhausted! Looking back now it had to have been him teething since he is still working on his top four teeth.

Even though my kids were horrible it was still nice to see some extended family on my dad's side that I hadn't seen in quite some time.

No comments: