Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Visiting Whiting Family

After visiting my grandparents in Eastern Washington (Quincy) I went with my dad and Sharon to visit my brother, Wade and his family in Madras, OR. Yes, I was all over the place but that's not really anything new for me. Almost as soon as we crossed over to Oregon my dad got pulled over for speeding. He lucked out big time and didn't get a ticket. He definitely was going fast enough over the speed limit that we were all sure that he was going to get a ticket.

Easton was feeling carsick so I made sure to give him part of a travel motion sickness pill which definitely helped him. I should have gone with my gut and forced Blair to take part of one too but it can be a huge struggle sometimes so I decided against it since she wasn't complaining. I paid for it big time right before we got to my brothers. Luckily for all of us it happened only about 10 minutes from my brother's place. And actually Dyer threw up first. Thankfully it wasn't very much. My sister in law, Mykle, was a lifesaver. By the time I got Blair's car seat out of my dad's car and her mess cleaned up out of the car, Mykle already had her in the bath and all cleaned up. Then by the time I got Blair out of the bathtub and into her pjs, Mykle already had her car seat cover and clothes in the wash and her seat cleaned. Thanks a million Mykle!



Blair all cleaned up!



Blair and Easton with Grandma Sharon.



Fish Papa reading to Kannon and Easton

Since my kids slept in the car on the way to Wade and Mykle's they really didn't want to go to bed and were basically a nightmare. I broke down in tears because nothing seemed to be going right, my kids were behaving horribly, and I was so tired from lack of sleep. My dad came to the rescue and got all my kids asleep for me. It was definitely nice to get a little break!



In the morning Easton and Kannon watched cartoons together.



Uncle Wade gave all the kids rides in the wagon.



Random but I thought it was funny that I think every picture that I have of Blair so far for this trip she is wearing the same exact outfit (minus her pjs)! I swear she had other clothes than just that outfit. At first she kept messing up her other clothes with her bowel movement issues and this was the only outfit she had that stayed clean. She did manage to puke on that outfit but then Mykle washed that outfit and since the other outfits were still dirty this was the only clean one she had for a while...

Thanks to Mykle I have all the pictures above. She was sweet to send them to me.


Emery and her cousin, Jarom, (on the other side) are only a week or so apart so they celebrated their 1st birthday together. It was the hungry Caterpillar theme. It was very cute and I wish that I would have taken more pictures of the party but unfortunately I didn't. Before the party started I had to run into town and buy more pull ups because Blair went through way more than I had planned on using. It was a good thing I bought some when I did because as soon as I got back Mykle had Blair back in the bathtub cleaning her up. She got poop all over her herself, her clothes and she even managed to get poop on Mykle's parent's rug. GROSS!!! I didn't think to bring extra clothes for Blair but luckily Mykle's mom managed to find some clothes that would work for Blair. I should have taken a picture of Blair in her new outfit.



Emery eating her cake. She loved it! And that might be an understatement. To be honest though she actually scarfed the whole cupcake down. It was pretty impressive if I do say so myself. I've never seen anything like it before! That's my kind of girl!



Fish Papa with Blair and Dyer.



Emery all ready for church.



Kannon dressed and ready to go.



All the cousins before we left to go back to Washington.



On our way back it started snowing really hard in the mountains. It's a good thing we left when we did because we might not have made it back if we would have left an hour later.

No comments: