Monday, April 19, 2010

Costume Party

Easton was invited to go to a friend's birthday party. All the kids were supposed to come dressed up in a costume. I really didn't want to go out and buy a costume but even if I did I'm guessing it would have been really hard to find a costume this time of the year so I decided to work with what we had around the house. This was a little tough because our choices were slim: cowboy (cowboy hat), Davy Crockett (raccoon hat), or superman (pj's). Since I really didn't have clothing to go with either of the hats I decided I would work with the pj's. I thought there would be other superheros (there actually wasn't) so I wanted to do something a little different. I decided Easton would be Clark Kent/superman. We had everything except glasses so I headed to the dollar store and found some goofy ones there. They were definitely too big for Easton and he hated to wear them so he only wore them for a few second so I could take pictures. Since Blair was tagging along I thought it would be fun for her to dress up as well. Her costume was a lot easier because my mom sent her a cheerleader outfit a while back which fit her perfectly. Since I was already at the dollar store getting glasses for Easton I picked up some pom poms for Blair. She wasn't a fan of those either. I guess I could have saved myself some time and money (not that $2 is much) by not bothering to pick up those accessories. Oh well I thought they were cute anyways.

Blair really didn't like the pom poms or the headband.


Pic w/out the pom pom and headband. A little happier.


Parachute at the party.

Blow up bounce house. It would have been a cute pic if the other kid's hand wasn't there.


Cute things Blair is doing:
- shaking her head no (I'm sure it won't be cute once she learns the word no).
- making her stinky face (blowing air in and out of her nose quickly).
-starting to crawl on her hands and knees. She doesn't do it very much but she will do it every once in a while.

1 comment:

Myk said...

Love the Clark Kent idea!