Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter festival

Yesterday I took the kids to an Easter festival in Germantown. I guess they have it every year, but we didn't find out about it until this year. They had lots of things to do and everything was free! Easton had a lot of fun. We started out doing the Easter egg hunt. They had different areas blocked off for different age groups and they had multiple egg hunts. They would only bring in about 20 kids at a time and let them grab all the eggs off the ground. Once the eggs were gone that group of kids would leave and they would throw down a bunch more eggs and a whole new group would come in and find eggs. Easton came away with about 18 eggs! There were tons of kids and almost every kid in Easton's group grabbed about the same amount of eggs as Easton did so you can imagine how many eggs they had. It was crazy!

Video of Easton grabbing his eggs:
I thought it was funny at the end because one of Easton's eggs opened up and I guess he must have thought that the egg was broken or something because he just threw it on the ground and didn't want it. He probably would have if he looked closer and saw that it was filled with candy. He walked past two other eggs that were opened too!
Easton with all the eggs he collected.

After the egg hunt we went to the bounce houses. I took Easton first to the princess house because it seemed like a lot of the younger kids were going to that one and I was afraid that he would get knocked over in the other one. Easton jumped back and forth once and then was done. When he got out he pointed to the other one and said he wanted to play in that one. I can't blame him since it had an obstacle course and slide in that one. After waiting in line for a really long time he finally got his chance. He jumped in followed the other kids to the slide but he couldn't pull himself up. Luckily they had a guy in there to help. Once Easton came down the slide he got out of the house. I was a little annoyed that we waited in line so long for him to do it just once but when I went to put his shoes back on he freaked out and wanted to do it again. I guess he didn't realize that he could do it as many times as he wanted in the time limit they gave the kids. I wasn't about to stand in line again and because technically his time wasn't complete yet I walked him back to the house and asked if he could go in again. Luckily they let him. He wasn't very happy when he only got to do it one last time before they kicked him out.
Video of Easton jumping in the princess house:

Easton and the guy that helped him up to the slide. He was trying to get Easton to wave to me.

Proof that Blair was there.
I was carrying her the whole time so I couldn't really get a good picture of her. It didn't occur to me at the time to have someone else take a picture of us on my camera. Oh well they took our picture at the festival but I have to wait until they send it to us in the mail.


Easton was able to make a craft. It's a foam Easter egg with a magnet on the back. They also had a bunch of games for the kids to play but we didn't really have time to do it and it seemed more for older kids.

1 comment:

Hot Gma said...

Was EE (scuse me) Easton the only boy in the princess house? Lucky Easton.