Friday, April 2, 2010

Pity Party

Warning: This is just a post about me whining and feeling sorry for myself (we all have these moments right?) I just need to get my frustrations out so don't feel like you have to read this. In fact if you want to just skip this one by all means do it. However I do have some cute pictures of the kids and a house we just put an offer in on so have fun looking at those.


It has just been one of those days/weeks. Nathan left for Texas Sunday morning (6am flight) and of course the kids seem harder to deal with when Nathan is gone and I am all by myself. How do single parents do it?


Then we picked Nathan up from the airport Wednesday night (11:57 pm) so we could attend one of Nathan's best friend's wedding (Thursday). Can I just say that I'm getting really tired of making trips to and from the airport (especially ones that are not at normal times-I like my sleep people-love you Handsome!). It was really good to see Nathan but of course it was way too short. The wedding was good but it got started an hour late which caused the reception to be delayed by three hours because of traffic.


We found out yesterday that one of the three houses (carswell) got sold. We haven't heard anything from Ellis Godfrey which makes me think it's not good news (maybe I'm being pessimistic). Oak brook gave us another counter offer but it still isn't very good. I think Nathan is giving up on this house because the elementary school isn't the greatest and because he feels like they are asking way too much for this house. We haven't decided yet if we will come back with a counter or not but I know if we do then we will be firm on our offer and they can decide if they want to accept or not. We also put in another offer yesterday on a house that we haven't even seen in person (just pictures). I'm a little worried about this but it is in the neighborhood we really like/want and overall it has the best school district. Also, it is really close to the base which is always a plus. I guess if we do end up getting that house then Nathan will probably fly out during the 17 days we have to make our final decision and make sure that it is the house we want. I'm getting really annoyed/tired/frustrated/stressed out with all this house hunting stuff. I'm really about ready to give up. I think if these houses don't work out then we will probably take a break from searching and just wait until we move out to Cali. I don't know that it will be any less stressful but at least we will be in the area and we won't be competing with everyone whose hoping to buy a house before the tax credit ends. Enough about house hunting...


We didn't get home until really late last night from the wedding and also going to Nathan's school. Nathan had to print off and sign offer papers and then fax them back to our Realtor (I stayed in the car with the kids during this time which was about an hour. Lets just say that it wasn't the best or the most fun. They were extremely tired and cranky). Nathan was supposed to fly out this morning at 5:40 but turned off his alarm and slept through his flight. I woke up in a panic a little after 6am. Nathan had to book a last min flight which as we all know isn't very cheap plus we didn't get the money back from his flight that he missed. Taking him to the airport and getting back happened to be at the same time as the Easter party for playgroup so we missed out on that. I thought we might be able to catch the very end of it if we were lucky but with all the luck I have been having recently Easton got sick in the car on the way to the airport. I grabbed Blair's Easter basket for Easton to throw up in (I thought that was convenient and a good idea) but unfortunately he only got about half the throw up in the bucket.


I'm sure I have more to complain about (Costco food court and trying to order a pizza. How come they never answer their phone? Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me? Trying two different stores to try and find the correct screws for Nathan's licence plate (I even brought one of the old screws both times to compare). At the second store I had one guy who works at the store help me and I still came home both times with the wrong screws. I gave up and had Nathan put his old rusty screws back on. I'm not about to go out a third time with two kids in tow to come back again with the wrong screws. At least I can say I tried).


Okay, enough of me complaining. I think I'm finally done. Sorry if anyone actually read this. I do feel a little better though now that I was able to get this all out.

At least the kids are cute and the house looks nice right?

6 comments:

Diana said...

Oh Ashley, I'm so sorry. we really missed you today. We were all wondering where you were and wondering if everything was okay. Please let me know if I can do anything. Being husbandless can be so crappy and hard. I can take the kids anytime you just need a break. Please call me!!! Take Care.

Diana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SMT Family said...

I'm glad you vented. It sounds like a way rough week! I know you like your sleep and you have totally earned it. Hopefully things will get a little less crazy!

The kids are beautiful and Nathan is a wonderful husband and the house looks great. The right thing will work out! Love you tons!

Myk said...

I am so sorry! We feel your pain about airport trips... We hate that drive...sorry that we had to add to those trips last month:)

hopefully the next few weeks go by quickly. Is that when Jana is coming to visit?

Hot Gma said...

I wanted to call and see how your day ended up, but as usual, it's too late on your end and I knew you needed your sleep. Didn't want to wake you. Hang in there. It can't get any worse....right? The house looks gorgeous. It's probably just a tender mercy and you are meant to have this house (the best). Come visit me and Jac.
My new purse (that I bought on Monday) ripped, and my watch brand just broke. Does that make you feel any better?