Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Water Fun and Spring Party

After we got home from walking with Aleese and her cute little kids a few days ago, Blair went down for a nap and Easton really wanted to stay outside and play. I always find this really frustrating because I can't let Easton just run around outside without supervision but at the same time I don't feel comfortable leaving Blair inside sleeping all by her self either. I guess this would be a time when a baby monitor would come in handy but because our apartment isn't big I never really felt like we ever needed one so we never got one. I just really wish that we had a backyard that Easton could run around in anytime he wanted but we don't (not yet anyway). After dragging Easton inside and watching him throw a fit for a few minutes I came up with something that would hopefully make everyone happy. I brought out the bubbles, opened the front door and sat in the doorway blowing bubbles for Easton on the deck. This lasted less than a minute because Easton wanted a turn to blow bubbles. I handed him the bottle (never a good thing), and the next thing I know Easton has dumped all the bubbles out inside the front entry. Not only am I upset (couldn't he have dumped it outside the doorway? I mean it was only a few inches away?) but he is now upset because he doesn't have anymore bubbles. I quickly go and grab some paper towels and water to clean it up with when it hits me. Why not let Easton play with water outside on the deck? I grab the huge tupperware bin that has recently been used as a toy box, dump all the toys out, and fill his part way with water. I grabbed some water toys along with a bowl and let Easton go at it. He had a blast!



I also got some plastic cups and put food coloring in the bottom of each one. Easton thought it was neat when he filled them up and the water changed colors.

Video:

Easton eventually got himself wet which he didn't like so he started stripping. It was a little weird when a government worker was walking down the stairs from visiting one of our neighbors and Easton had his underwear down at his ankles, exposing himself to the world. It was a serious battle trying to get his underwear back on but I finally convinced him that if he kept his underwear on long enough for me to grab his swim trunks he could wear those instead. I'm sure the social worker didn't think much of it but it was still a little weird.

Blair woke up from her nap and joined us for a while.


Later that night when I put the kids down for bed I hear Blair crying/screaming. This is not unusual. Generally I just let her cry for a few minutes before I go in and check on her because usually she is just crying because she threw her binky out of her crib and just wants it back again. It's a little game that only she enjoys playing. After a few minutes I go in and find this. A trapped little prisoner. At least that is what it looks like to me. I felt bad leaving her like this for a few more seconds but I just had to grab my camera. We will probably have more nights like this now that she knows how to sit and stand up in her crib.


Today we went to Nathan's school for the annual spring party they have for the spouses club. It was really late this year but we still had fun. We had a nice lunch and then the kids got to hunt for eggs. The grass was so long that it was really hard to find the eggs. Easton only had one egg for the longest time until I left Blair in the grass with her basket and some eggs and went to help him find some more. It was pretty funny because Easton for some reason didn't like the glitter eggs. Anytime he picked one up he threw it on the ground and went looking for another egg. Someone even put two glitter eggs in his basket to be nice and he grabbed them and threw them out. Blair was content the whole hunt to just sit in the grass and enjoy her eggs and basket.





Easton and Barrick playing with sticks.


Easton hunting for eggs.


Blair content with her basket and eggs.


Video of the kids:


2 comments:

Hot Gma said...

I love you updates! I love the food coloring idea. That's pretty clever. Is that eggs within touching distance in your last video?

Hot Gma said...

your updates. oops