Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Easton's piggy bank

Friday afternoon during Easton's quiet time I hear him playing with his piggy bank. I go to the playroom to see what he is doing and to take his bank away since I don't like coins around the house where Blair can get them.
Me: "Easton why do you have your bank?"
Easton: "Because I need to give Ms. Valerie and Ms. Laurie money." (preschool teachers)
Me: "Why do you need to give Ms. Valerie and Ms. Laurie money?"
Easton: "Because I need to give them money."
Me: "I don't think you need to give them money. Let's put your bank away so that Blair doesn't put any coins in her mouth."
Easton of course starts crying and throws a fit.

Fast forward to today...I finally remember that I need to give his preschool teachers $5 for Easton's up coming field trip (it's technically not due until Friday but since it was on my mind I figured I better pay it today). I hand Easton the money and tell him to give it to Ms. Valerie or Ms. Laurie. He walks into the door and excitedly hands Ms. Laurie the money and says, "I have $5 for the field trip!" Ms. Laurie starts laughing and then tells me a what happened on Monday.

Ms. Valerie and Ms. Laurie told the kids about the field trip and to remind their parents that they needed $5 for the field trip. Easton then told his teachers, "I got it covered, I have a piggy bank! But my mom said, no."

Haha, that explains everything! Such a funny kid. I can't believe that he wanted to pay with his own money. They would have been a little confused when he only showed up with about 25 cents.

No comments: