Saturday, March 19, 2011

Finished projects for Blair's room

I finally finished a couple projects for Blair's bedroom. I definitely saved a lot of money by making my own decorations than if I was to buy them off the Internet. I first made heart shaped fleece decorative pillows. They didn't have these on the Internet but I thought they were cute and had to make them. They did have decorative pillows on the website for $18 each but I made mine for less than $3 each. I also made Blair's name out of wooden letters. On the website they wanted $20 for each letter! That would have been $100 for Blair's name. Granted they were hand painted but still. I thought about painting mine but took the easy way out and pod podged material on the wooden letters. Blair's whole name cost me less than $20.


This is what the website letters looked like. I think mine look similar enough. I really didn't like the bottom white so I"m glad I did my own.
I also made some valences for her window. The website wanted $17 for each valence (which I would have needed 2 for a total of $34). I was able to make both of mine for less than $10. Plus I like my valences better than theirs. We had to put a board in her window to hang the blinds so I think the loops on the website valences would have looked funny hanging in Blair's window.


The lighting isn't very good in the top pic so here is an up close look of the valences I made.



This is a picture of the websites valences. They are cute but like I said I don't think it would have looked good in her window.

I painted some picture frames to match the colors in her room. I still need to put some pictures in them. Hopefully I will get that project done soon. I already had the picture frames and paint so that project didn't cost me anything!
I also made a bulletin board for her room. I basically copied the one off the website only mine was a lot cheaper! They wanted $25 but I was able to make mine for less than $8. I already had the board from the bulletin board that was made for Easton's room so that definitely saved me some money.




I think I like the websites bulletin board a little more than mine but I'm still happy with the one I made.

Here's a couple far away pictures to see what her whole room looks like right now. Easton and Blair stole the pillows off the bed as I was taking pictures but you get the idea.



These wall hangings are from the website and I still have materials left over so I might try my hand at making these as well. We'll have to see though.

I still want to paint at least one wall in Blair's room but I still haven't decided yet what I want to do so for now all the walls are white.

3 comments:

Child Family said...

You did a great job!

Myk said...

Cute Diva room!

Post-it Note said...

WOW! Very professional looking :)