Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Happy 29th Birthday Handsome!

Nathan turned 29 on the 10th. We didn't do much for his birthday celebration since it was Thursday and he had to work but I think he still had a good birthday. He wanted steak for his birthday and we had talked about going to a steak house without the kids but I decided to make him a steak dinner instead (well, Nathan actually BBQ it on the grill but I did all the prep work). I didn't get any pics of his dinner which is sad since it took me a long time to make. It sure tasted really good though. I was definitely pleasantly surprised since everything I made was a new recipe. It always makes me nervous to try something new but everything seemed to turn out perfect. Marinated steak with seasoned home-style fries, asparagus, lime cilantro rice with pineapple (this was really good), and horn buttered rolls. For dessert I made salted caramel cupcakes. I was a little disappointed in the texture of the frosting but it still tasted good. The kids and I got him a wii fit. I'm pretty sure he liked his gift since he let the kids stay up an hour past their bedtime to try it out with him. Happy Birthday Handsome! Hope you had a good one! Enjoy your last year being 20 something!

Up close pic of salted caramel cupcake.

No comments: