Sunday, April 22, 2012

Easter

I can't believe it has taken me this long to post about Easter.  We've been sick off and on for what seems like forever so I'll use that as my excuse.

 I took the kids to a local park for an egg hunt and it definitely wasn't what I was expecting.  We walked around to all the booths (vendors) and got our picture taken with the Easter bunny while we were waiting for the egg hunt.  It said the egg hunt started at 10 but as far as I could tell there was no signs of an egg hunt in the grass area.  I thought I would take the kids up to the playground to play until I either saw or heard something resembling an egg hunt.  It turned out that the egg hunt was at the playground!  There was a line to get in and the people at the front of the line would only let so many kids in at a time and each kid could only get 5 eggs!  I guess it makes it fair for everyone but to be honest it was kind of lame.


Waiting to get in for the egg hunt.  Easton was pretty upset right before this picture because not one but both of his balloons flew away. 

Easton finding his first egg.


Easton helping Blair find her eggs since he already had his 5.

Video of the kids after the egg hunt:


I decided to take the kids to the outlets afterwards since they were passing out eggs at different stores.  It was basically like trick or treating but obviously getting eggs filled with stuff instead of candy.  We only went to about 1/3 of the stores before our baskets were full and the kids were ready to go.  The kids had fun but were a little tired out with all the walking they had to do.  I know they also do trick or treating at the outlets so maybe this year we will do that instead of going downtown.

We dyed eggs but we started really late the night before Easter so everyone was really tired and worn out.  Also the kids were all coming down with something (coughs, fevers, infections, etc.) so they weren't feeling too well.

 Dyer was there briefly before I put him to bed.

 Nathan helping the kids dye the eggs.  Yes, I made the kids strip down to only their underwear because I didn't want their clothes to get ruined if they got dye on themselves.  Looking back I'm not quite sure why I did that since I think Nathan was the only one who really dyed any eggs.  The kids weren't really all that in to it probably because they were tired and not feeling very well.
 Poor little sick boy!
Blair Bear.  Those flowers were amazing.  Nathan bought them for me when we came home from Washington and they seriously lasted for a good month.  In this picture they were 3 weeks old and they still looked like they were just bought.

We did a egg hunt inside on Easter morning and Easton was pretty excited.  He collected all the eggs upstairs before Blair was awake.  It's a good thing that I hid most of them downstairs so that Blair was able to have some fun too.  I think she was more excited about her basket than the eggs though.

 All the eggs Easton collected from upstairs.
 Blair finding some of the eggs.
 Dyer not feeling very well.
 Easton showing off all his eggs.  Not sure what is wrong with Blair...
 Cutie 
Dyer even got in on the fun and found maybe two.

Nathan stayed home from church with the kids.  I went by myself since I had to teach.  It was definitely really strange to be by myself.  I honestly felt naked.  I didn't have time to finish the kids' Easter church clothes so it gave me an extra week to get them made (I ended up only getting around to making the boys' ties but luckily Blair already had a dress that matched perfectly with the ties so it all worked out).  What didn't work out was the fact that I never got around to taking pictures of the kids so I guess that will have to wait until I actually get around to sewing Blair's dress.  Of course I didn't start getting sick until right after I got home from church.  Luckily for me Valerie came over the next day with soup and washed my dishes for me.  She also took Easton and Blair for a couple hours so that I could take a nap.  It was wonderful!

No comments: