Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Dyer at 10 months!!!

So my little baby isn't much of a baby anymore.  He has so many teeth it almost creeps me out!  Blair didn't have any teeth at this age and Dyer already has EIGHT and is working on TWO more (both molars)!!!

Dyer still loves to eat!  He is definitely not a picky eater and could eat all day if I would let him.  It's pretty funny grocery shopping with him.  The last couple times we have gone if he sees something he really wants he reaches for it and grunts in hopes that I will give it to him.  I usually have to distract him with some other snack in the diaper bag because otherwise he will start crying.  He usually does this with fruit (berries or bananas).

If Dyer sees food, he generally wants it and will do just about anything to get to it.  He can be pretty sneaky with his approach.  This usually does not go over very well with Blair because she generally does not like to share her food.  It's not uncommon to hear Blair screaming, "NO DYER!  THAT'S MINE!" several times a day.



Dyer LOVES his blanket!  The second he spots it he gets a huge grin on his face.  If he sees it on the floor he races towards it and dives his head right into it.  If you hand it to him he will without a doubt hug it and snuggle with it.  If I want some extra cuddles all I have to do is put his blanket on my shoulder and I know I'll get some.  I like to pretend that it's me that he loves not his blanket.

Dyer's getting pretty fast with his crawling and he loves getting into everything.  His current favorites are the bathrooms (the toilet, toilet paper, and garbage are his top picks), the dishwasher (I'm definitely working on my speed and approach while loading and unloading.  It can get tricky at times.), and the cupboard/drawers in the kitchen that don't have child locks on them (they definitely keep him occupied but it does get a little old picking up those things several times a day).

Easton and Blair don't seem to like the fact that Dyer is very mobile.  Dyer just wants to "play" with them but instead ends up ruining things or taking things he shouldn't.  Dyer has taken a lot of hits, kicks, pushes, pulling/dragging, etc. in the last month.  Poor kid!  We are definitely working on it with Easton and mainly Blair but I'm convinced that Dyer is going to be one tough cookie.

Dyer loves pulling himself up to the standing position.  He cruises a little bit (just a couple steps here and there-not much) but most of the time he prefers crawling to get from point A to point B.

Dyer just recently has started making growling sounds.  He does it at random times during the day.  I'm not sure it means anything for him but I think it is just something new and he just has to practice it.

Diaper changes and getting him dressed has become a nightmare.  It is a huge challenge because he doesn't want to be held down for any amount of time.  He definitely throws a fit and boy is he strong!



He is sleeping a lot better now.  I think a combination of him teething (a million teeth) and being sick made it difficult for him to sleep but recently (knock on wood) he has been sleeping from about 7-7:30pm to 6:30-7am.  It's awesome!  He still takes two pretty good naps during the day which is good because that's about the only time I can really get anything done around the house.  He can be a little demanding of attention when he's awake.

Dyer had his 9 month check up (he was actually 10 months at the time) and was 19lbs (11%) and 28 in (40%).  I'm not sure how big his head was but I do know he is in the 90%.  He's starting to grow into his head : ).

I sure love my little Bubba!

I've updated a lot of posts in the last couple days so make sure and check them out!

No comments: