Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Carving Pumpkins and other exciting things

Yesterday night for FHE we finally got around to carving pumpkins. Easton tried to help but it was a little difficult to find something he wanted to do and something we approved of. Nathan carved the family pumpkin (Frankenstein) while I carved Easton's (Elmo). Easton did have fun coloring with a marker on his pumpkin for a while. I'm thinking next year we might just let him paint his pumpkin so that he is involved a little more.

Nathan scooping out the pumpkin.


Easton checking out his Elmo pumpkin.


Blair chilling out while we carve pumpkins.


Dad and Easton with finished pumpkin.

Glowing pumpkins

Dad and EE eating pumpkin seeds.

This morning I babysat Emma. I decided it would be fun to make some Halloween sugar cookies since I have been meaning to do them and haven't gotten around to it. It was a little difficult with two little ones but I think we had fun and they actually turned out relatively well.

EE enjoying his cookie.

So you know the cute little pair of underwear that Easton was modeling for the camera the other day? Yep, those exact pair. Well, they no longer exist. No I haven't given up on the whole potty training thing and no I did not throw them out (even though both were a little tempting after today's episode). So, Easton was supposed to be taking a nap (which is becoming more and more rare these days). I thought he was asleep so I decided to take a nap too since I had to get up early this morning to watch Emma and Blair was actually still asleep. An hour goes by and I hear Easton playing in the blinds in the dining room. I walk out there and ask him why he isn't in his bed sleeping and then the smell hits me. I take Easton to the bathroom to change him and make him clean up his mess. I hand him his underwear to clean in the toliet. Things start out relatively good. He swishes it around and then flushes the toilet. Repeats the same pattern a couple of times. Then he flushes the toilet one last time and accidentally lets go of the underwear. I yell, "grab it, grab it!" as I frantically run towards the toilet to try and grab the underwear out myself. But the cute little cars underwear went around and around and around until it vanished. I was too late. I'm just hoping that the toilet will continue to work and not become clogged. Oh, the joys of toilet training.


Not too long after this incident, Easton walks in on me using the bathroom. He looks in the toilet and sees that I went and yells, "yay mommy! You went potty!" and then hands me one of his prizes he got for using the bathroom a few days earlier. I guess he doesn't understand that I've been doing this now for more than 20 years. I got a good laugh though.


I believe that Blair will be a moving disaster here shortly. I put her on her tummy and have started to put some toys in front of her. She has been trying so hard to get to them. If you notice in the video she will every once in a while try and get on her knees (you can see her put her butt in the air).




I took this video a few minutes later. I didn't move her. She is moving back and around. It won't be long until she figures it out and moves forward.

Also, she is really close to sitting up too. If she could just sit still for a while and not move her legs and arms I think she would have it.

2 comments:

Hot Gma said...

You probably get tired of hearing this but...Cute! I love Blair's smile.

Aleese and Scott said...

I love your pumpkins!! Also that is so hilarious! I love that Easton gave you a treat for going to the bathroom.