Friday, October 23, 2009

Revealing the costumes

We went to our first of what will seem like many Halloween parties this year. The student spouses club at Nathan's school does one every year and today was the day. We were about a half hour late because apparently I didn't give us enough time to get ready (I figured an hour and a half would be plenty of time but I think it took more like two hours). Oh well. I almost felt like the party was a little too long even though we got there so late.

It is a little hard to take pictures of your kids when you have a 2 year old who won't hold still and keep his costume on and when you are wearing the other one. We only got a couple pictures that others were nice enough to take. I didn't have time to fix Blair's costume to look half way descent in the pictures above so when we got home I took some pictures of the kids myself. These were the best I could get.

Easton of course refused to wear his costume. I don't exactly blame him since it does seem a little awkward to wear. It was hard to find a box small enough for his body but big enough to fit his head through a hole cut in the top (I blame the head on his dad). However, I was able to get him to wear it for the costume judging contest briefly which sadly he didn't win any awards. He's still the cutest little Lego I've ever seen. Also, he was a trooper and wore his costume around the school to go trick or treating. I told him he wouldn't get any candy unless he wore his costume. It worked until the last stop which was the health clinic. He refused to take the candy and took his costume off. At least he listens to him mommy right? Once he took his costume off he ran to the fish tank, eventually grabbed a book, and sat down in one of the kids' chairs. When I told him it was time to go he grabbed his book and headed straight for the exam room. Apparently we must visit the health clinic too much because he has the whole routine down. He was really upset when we actually left without been seen by anyone.

Blair was also a trooper. She was so tired and I'm guessing pretty hot in her costume (I know I was). Everyone loved her costume and thought she was the cutest little thing. She definitely loved the attention. Blair actually won the best overall costume. She got a prize which Easton quickly claimed the second it was handed to me. I really don't think he understands that it is hers and not his. Oh, well she has a while before she can really enjoy it. In the mean time I guess Easton gets the privilege of playing with it. Isn't she the cutest star gazer lily ever?

6 comments:

Myk said...

Very, very cute and creative! Glad you won some awards for your hard work!

SMT Family said...

Adorable! You are so talented! We had a good laugh over the clinic story. You are right, Easton is very good to listen to his mommmy. Love you! smlt

Hot Gma said...

I love the costumes Ashley. I don't know where you got your talent from but I'm glad you have it. Poor EE. I thought his was way cute. Did he get second?

Child Family said...

The costumes turned out really well!

Erin said...

Came over here from Mykle's blog. Amazing costumes! I love them.

Post-it Note said...

Wow Ashley you are the best mom ever! What a cute Lego and Lily, you should have won a prize! Plus you look awesome. Good job. No, none of us have costumes yet. :P