Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Trip to the Zoo

I took the kids to the zoo yesterday. It was kind of a last minute thing. I had planned on asking others to join us, but I kept putting it off and then it was too late. I checked the weather that morning to see what the rest of the week would look like and yesterday looked like it would be the best day to go for a while. So I got us all ready, packed a lunch and got to the metro by 11 (late start). We got the the zoo around noon. I had so much fun with Easton (Blair was there too but she slept most of the time). I think it was just what Easton and I needed some us time. It was a perfect day to go to the zoo. All the animals were out and about. I got some really cool pictures.


Right when we got there they were feeding the river otters. They came running towards us to get their food. Easton got really excited.
Easton couldn't get enough of all the statues around the zoo. If he saw one he had to get on. After a few I stopped taking pictures.
Easton and the panda. This little boy was really scared of this statue because someone snuck behind and scared him. He kept telling the panda to stop because he didn't want it to scare Easton like it did him.
Easton and the bear.
Easton even got on the little red panda statue. I think Easton should have been giving the red panda a piggy back ride.
My cute little Blair finally awake.
Some of my favorite pictures from the zoo of the animals.
When we got home Easton found his gorilla stuffed animal and brought it around the house the rest of the evening. He kept putting it under his clear bucket (I think he was putting it in a cage). At times I found Easton under there too.
This was probably Easton's favorite (of course). I was actually surprised that he didn't roar like crazy at the lions. He just stared at them in amazement. He got really upset when we left them. Some teenage boy was convinced that these were tigers (not sure if he was joking). The girl with him kept telling him they were lions and then she finally said, "why don't you ask the little boy?" (referring to Easton). Easton looks at the teenagers and gives them his "your dumb/why are you talking to me" look and then proceeds to say, "LION! ROAR!" They thought it was the funniest thing ever.
Some zoo workers were getting things ready for the boo at the zoo. Here are some of the animals all dressed up for Halloween.
Elephant
Lion
Monkey











Don't forget to check out Blair eating rice cereal for the first time.

2 comments:

Child Family said...

Did you make her beanie?

Unknown said...

a great find for panda fanatic!
my roommate won't put it down!!!
Flor (floreshayes@gmail.com)
hkpanda.freetzi.com