Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Potty Training

I started potty training Easton almost a week ago. I was going to wait until he was 2 1/2 but then it occurred to me that if I waited until then we would really only have 2 weeks until we took off to visit family for 6 weeks. I'm guessing it would take at least 2 weeks for Easton to be semi potty trained (probably more since he is so dang stubborn) and by then visiting family will most likely throw things off and Easton would probably regress (who knows he still might). Anyways, I figured why wait. The more practice he gets in before then the better right? I think he is ready. Whether or not Easton wants to is another story.


I tried to get a picture of Easton from the front but he kept turning his back and sticking his butt out (I guess he wanted everyone to see his cars). I had someone the other day tell me he should be a model (maybe an underwear model?)


It really hasn't been as hard as I was imagining. Yes, it can be difficult sometimes because he is so stubborn but I really think he is starting to get the hang of it. I mean he only had one (I repeat ONE) accident yesterday. I really can't believe how well he is doing. We still have things to work on like having Easton tell us when he has to go instead of me dragging him to the toilet every 1-2 hours. So far he has told me twice that he has to go but that was after I asked him if he had to go and it was probably to stall so he didn't have to go to bed. Oh, well we got to start somewhere. We also need to work on the dreadful number 2 on the toilet. If I'm in the same room as him I generally catch him and we make it to the bathroom, but if I'm not (well I'm sure you can guess what happens). With the helpful advice of Aunt Jessica I've been having Easton clean up his messes. He really isn't liking that very much so hopefully that will speed things up.
We had to cover our couch for obvious reasons.


We have a chart for Easton. Each time he successfully goes in the toilet he gets to either put up a stamp or a sticker. Once he gets a sticker (going 11 times. It was supposed to be 10 but I messed up) he gets to pick a prize from his surprise box. He is a sneaky little guy. When I'm busy cleaning or feeding Blair he will sneak in the bathroom, climb on the toilet seat, climb onto the counter top, grab the stamp or stickers from the shelf, climb back down, and then proceed to decorate his chart until I catch him.





The second day into his potty training (I was setting the timer for every 20-30 min) I brought him to the bathroom, put him on his chair, and nothing happened. He couldn't go. Not too surprising since he just went 20 min earlier but I wanted him to get used to sitting on the toilet and just trying to go. Anyways, Easton tries to push. Nothing. He pushes harder. Still nothing. Finally he pushes a third time and then looks at me and says, "Mommy, broken."

This morning while he was sitting on the toilet he looks down and sees his pjs (batman) and then he starts singing, "na na na na na na na na na na , batman!" I was laughing so hard that he wouldn't stop singing it for the next 10 minutes (no joke). I had to call Nathan and have Easton sing it to him because I thought Nathan would get a kick out of it since he sings it to Easton anytime he wears those pjs.

1 comment:

Hot Gma said...

Thanks for the update! I'm proud of you Easton. Way to go. Heh EE--body slam!