Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Last week in Washington

Okay so we've been home now for almost 2 weeks now but I didn't have a computer the first week and I've been busy making Halloween costumes and getting back into the groove of things to get on the computer and blog. Here are a few pictures from our last week in Washington.




Visiting my grandpa one last time. I finally remembered to bring my camera.





Blair and Grandpa Cunningham. I just love this picture. Blair is my little cuddler.







Blair, Grandpa, and Easton. Easton wasn't very happy.









Easton getting his hair cut by Grandma at her work. Notice how still he is? There are about 5 TV's in there (plus he got at least three suckers). He was in heaven.

So Easton has been saying some funny things lately. Here are a few that I surprisingly remember.


On our plane ride home.
Easton: "Blair no go. Blair stay" (as he is pushing her away).
Me: "Blair is coming home with us. She is part of our family and we love her."
Easton: "Oh, man!"


Easton is eating pizza and finds some jelly bellys left on the table. He picks up a few but drops one on top of the pizza.
Easton: "Sorry pizza."


Easton's new favorite sentence is, "I want that too!" In the past he would say this if he saw something another person had and wanted it too. Recently though he will say it whenever he wants something (most of the time no one has anything so I have no clue as to what it is that he wants so I have to play the guessing game with him). It was happening all day long and I was getting really annoyed and frustrated.

Me: "What do you want?"
Easton: "I want that too!" (pointing to nothing in particular)
Me: "I don't know what you want. I need more information." (I figured he didn't know what information meant). "You need to use more words."
Easton: "I want that too doo too doo too doo too."

Apparently in his mind he was using more words.


The other day I was watching the news and they were talking about Governor McDonald. All the sudden Easton starts singing.
Easton: "E I E I O. Moo Moo Moo. Moo Moo Moo."


I love Easton and all the funny things he says. He is such a smart kid. It is fun to see how he connects things.


Nathan finally came home to us. He tricked me (or lied to me-however you want to look at it) all day Thursday. He was secretly flying home a day earlier than he told me. I was so confused when he called me up at 1 in the morning to open the door for him. It has been so fun to be a family again. We all love daddy! Easton asks all day where daddy is and will run around the house looking for him.

So Nathan is now considering Tacoma, WA as a place to do his residency. We don't know for sure if this is an option but we will definitely have it on our list just in case. It would be nice to be 2 hours from my parents. I think he finds out today if he will do just a phone interview or if he will fly out later this month to do an in person interview. We have to have our list finalized by the 30th. Also, Nathan is in the running for AOA (Alpha Omega Alpha-National Medical Honor Society). Only about 3,000 students, alumni, house staff, and faculty are elected each year in the nation. It is a great honor in the medical field if you are selected. I think it is already an honor just be invited. Nathan filled out all the paperwork and we should find out in the next couple of days (I think) if he gets selected.


So everyone says how much Blair looks like Easton. I admit there are a lot of similarities but I can tell them apart (I probably should since I am their mother). Just for fun. Can you tell who is who? Both were taken around the 4 month mark in the same outfit.






5 comments:

Myk said...

That would be cool to be in Washington!

Post-it Note said...

they look identical except for their eyes. the top one looks more like you and the bottom like nathan! i say blair on top easton below.

Katz said...

I'm so glad you guys are back! Easton cracks me up.

I vote Blair on top, Easton on bottom.

Molly said...

I also vote Blair on top and Easton on bottom. Also, Easton is freaking hilarious. I love when you post the things he says!

Hot Gma said...

Blair is on top, Easton is below. Easton is so fun. I get such a kick out of him. P.S. Tacoma, yes!!!!!!