Friday, June 1, 2012

Dyer at 11 months!

Okay technically he is 11 1/2 months now but whose counting?  This month Dyer has found his voice!  If he is upset or not getting his way he will let you know by screaming.  Luckily he doesn't do it very often but it is loud and it generally startles me.


He says mama, dada, hi, and I swear he said Dexter a couple weeks ago.  It was weird but even Valerie was there to witness it.  One of his babysitters (Katelyn) told me he said her name too!  I guess he is all about saying more difficult things first?  


Dyer is taking his precious time in the walking department.  I guess he takes after his sister in that department.  He is pretty particular about how he does it too.  Easton was all about cruising around using the furniture.  Dyer really hasn't done that.  He likes to push things around to get from point a to point b.  His favorite is shopping carts at the store.  If he isn't pushing something then he has to crawl.  I guess it is faster?  I remember Easton used to love holding onto our hands and having us walk him all around.  Dyer's not really a fan but just the last couple weeks he will do it every once in a while.  Most of the time he will just go limp and sit down.  He can stand for quite a while but once he realizes what he is doing he will sit down.  Also he has even got himself into a standing position a few times by himself without any help from an object or a person but again once he realizes what the is doing he will sit back down.

Dyer has mastered going down the stairs so we finally took both gates down.  I forgot how nice it is not to have those things on the stairs and easier (especially bringing laundry baskets up and down those stairs).

Dyer loves to drink out of a cup but it has to have a straw!  He has no clue how to use a sippy cup.  In fact he gets so frustrated with those things that he gives up and throws them on the floor.

Dyer loves anything water.  He loves bath time, taking showers, swimming in the pool, puddles, Dexter's water, etc.  And temperature doesn't seem to faze him either.  As long as there is water he is a pretty happy kid.

Dyer is still a great eater.  It makes me happy that at least one of my kids will gladly eat just about anything I put in front of them.  I will definitely enjoy it while I can because we all know eventually he will have opinions like his siblings. 

Dyer's a good sleeper too I just wish that he would learn to sleep in a little later.  He's generally in bed around 7 and then wakes up about 6:30.  Today was a treat though.  For whatever reason he slept in an extra hour.  It was amazing!

Dyer just hit the stage where he is starting to transition from two naps to one nap.  Those one nap days can be a little rough sometimes.

One of Dyer's newest/cutest things he just started doing is he will crawl up to someone or something, lay his head down on them/it and then roll over on his back with a huge grin on his face.  He thinks it is so funny!  I just encourage him because I love hearing him laugh!


I'm impressed with how well Dyer did with this photo shoot because he was really tired and went down for his nap right after this.  

No comments: