Monday, June 18, 2012

My Birthday!

I had a great day and I was very spoiled!  Nathan got up really early to get me breakfast in bed.  He got up so early that he actually had to wait in his car for the donut place to open up.


Donuts and chocolate muffin!!!  I actually ate one before I thought to take a picture.  I shared the other two with the kids when they woke up.  Nathan had to work all day (7am-9pm) so this was when he sang happy birthday to me.


I also got these fun balloons which Dyer absolutely loves!  Blair of course ate all the candy that was attached to the bottom of the balloons.


And I got these beautiful flowers!  This reminds me of something that Easton said the other day.  "I love all the colors...well except yellow.  Yellow's your favorite color but I hate yellow."


Since I was taking pictures I finally remembered to take a picture of my room.  I finally got around to painting an accent wall gray.  I love it and the lines are so straight and crisp (way better than my first attempt at Easton's wall).  Now that I know the secrete with textured walls I will hopefully be doing more painting!


Anyways, back to my birthday...When the kids woke up and realized it was my birthday, Easton quickly grabbed my gift from him and Blair so I could open it.  Valerie helped them make this sweet pillow for me.  I already basically knew what it was before I opened it because when Easton and Blair came home from making it at Valerie's Easton told me they made me a heart pillow.  Yes, my kids are not good at keeping secrets.  Later in the day Valerie came over and brought me a gift.  A trip to "Hawaii".  She gave me a bag of sand with shells, sparkling apple cider, and a book.  She took the kids for a few hours so that I could relax and do whatever I wanted.  I decided to go shopping for myself since I can never do much of that when the kids are with me.  She told me to come back around 4 so that we could go swimming in her pool and have a BBQ.  Unfortunately the pool and BBQ didn't work out since the workers came a day earlier than what was expected to work in her backyard.  That's okay just having a nice day to myself was more than enough.  

My visiting teacher brought over a gift for me as well and my neighbors brought over cupcakes and cookies and then invited us over for dinner.  It was a great day even though I didn't get to spend much of the day with Nathan.  He did make up for it though by taking me out for dinner the Saturday before my birthday and then last Saturday (16th) he took me to see WICKED!!!!  We were apparently a little under dressed for the occasion but we still had a great time!  I totally forgot to take pictures of that night even though I actually remembered to grab my camera.  I guess we will just have to do it again sometime and actually get pictures....right Handsome? 

No comments: